Thread: Can't invade pirate territory in South America

Default Can't invade pirate territory in South America

I'm playing as 3 Provinces and I can't invade the pirate province in South America--it just won't let me move into it. Why in the world can't I take out the pirate city? The little buggers are harrassing me something awful and need destroying.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Can't invade pirate territory in South America

That sounds frustrating! I have a couple of suggestions - I do not know whether either of them would work. They are based on the assumption that the problem is that there are pirate ships in their port, whose zone of control is preventing your ships from landing troops on the island.

1. Use some of your ships to blockade the pirate port.

Are there pirate ships whose zone of control is preventing you from landing? Once or twice, in another game (Rome II) I had an army in a city with a second army outside the city. I felt safe, because each army could reinforce the other. However, the AI sent a small force to besiege the city and then send their main force to attack my army outside the city. Their small force prevented my army in the city from reinforcing the army outside. I wonder if you could do something similar here. Are there pirates ships in a port? Could you send warships to blockade the port? Hopefully this would prevent the pirate ships from using their zone of control, which would allow your other ships to land troops.

2. Alternatively, could you send a ship alone, as bait (perhaps a trade ship or a sloop) to draw the pirate ships away from their port?

It wasn't the port, I just couldn't my army from my territory into theirs. It was like a bug, or something. Finally I just did an amphibious landing. I don't know why I could do that, but not just move overland. I love ETW very much, but she's a bit of glitch.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee