Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: CAMPAIGN PREVIEW [Ancient Empires]

Default Re: CAMPAIGN PREVIEW [Ancient Empires]

There was a bug with how fertility was being set. Every region outside Rome was getting 3x as many -2 fertility effects. Seems to be a vanilla bug.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Oh, OK then .

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

How difficult would it be to port campaign maps from Rome II? I was thinking of the Imperator Augustus campaign map?

Will you have a native language patch which reverts all of the names to their native language? For example for Hellenic Bodyguard, it would be Sophomatokles Strategou. Also, you use the Sarmatian symbol for the Saka Rauka.

Quote Originally Posted by ESKEHL View Post
    How difficult would it be to port campaign maps from Rome II? I was thinking of the Imperator Augustus campaign map?
    It would be impossible, hence why we didn't do it

Such a bummer I would really love to see more cities. Like Greece having Athens and Sparta not just one city for the whole peninsula

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

The Attila map really sucks for Greece, yet Britain and Iberia have a ton of provinces, so at least those areas will be more fun.
    AE Dev, mainly units

Is there any news for the release date please?

Is there any news for the release date please?
    They dont release this mod - this mod isnt work for now - so this is an kidding forum.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by DerThüringer View Post
    They dont release this mod - this mod isnt work for now - so this is an kidding forum.

It's about time you get banned for your blatant trolling and berating of the mod team.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by DerThüringer View Post
    This isn't me speaking as a Moderator, but as a private user.
    DerThüringer why do you insist on trolling this mod team? I'm on the beta team, and I've poured over 40 hours into helping them test the campaign and fix up bugs over the past fortnight.
    There is ample evidence that the beta does in fact exist, namely JackieFish's Youtube videos. What exactly do you think the mod team even has to gain by lying?

No informations about mod or release status here !!!

He's not worth it Caligula.

Does DerThuringer mean TheTroll in German?

But ya, he's not worth even responding too lol. I've said it once and I'll say it again, if only there was some way to block people from downloading mods...

_Tyr_'s Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Does DerThuringer mean TheTroll in German?

But ya, he's not worth even responding too lol. I've said it once and I'll say it again, if only there was some way to block people from downloading mods...
    Suggested the same a while ago. But actually he should just be punished with ignorance. And I agree, he's simply not worth responding to.
    Basically he's behaving like a child that had been gifted sweeties from a bunch of generous random strangers, but is complaining loudely and demands being gifted a ing pony instead.

he's behaving like a child that had been gifted sweeties from a bunch of generous random strangers
    ehm...to compare them to random strangers who give sweets to children sounds a bit awkward. . More like people in a village who are doing work that helps the community, eg, paving the road, or doing work or doing work to bring water to the community I would say, and having a grumpy man complain that they aren't working fast enough, or that the cobblestones they're using are not that good, etc.
    The campaign mod seems to be going great, they are doing a VERY thorough job (I've never seen a mod that comes with a pdf game guide before). Any shortcomings, such as the map, are not their fault, nor could they possibly do anything about it. I would argue that it would be wise on the part of CA to actually assist them, as this mod seems to be something very big. A tool that would help them mod the map, for example, would be very good, and in this manner, CA would renew interest in an older title (this is always good for a game and the company that produces it) with minimal cost and effort for the company itself. I think it would be a win for CA, any way you 'd look at it. Already, I read comments on YT of people who say that they're going to buy the game just for this mod. So, a map modding tool given out by CA, would be huge for them, not only in sales, but also in the PR sector.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

_Tyr_'s Avatar Civis

Damn, you're right.^^
    That happens sometimes when your not writing in your native language. I just wanted to ridicule him as a spoiled brat basically, but your analogy is much more fitting.

I always hoped for CA to see the potential of doing something like this with minimal effort on their side and possibly huge opportunities for modders and mod users, but I don't see this happening unfortunately. CA just doesn't really care I'm pretty sure. They probably gratefully view any succesful mod, that may even bring in some sales, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter and so they don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    ehm...to compare them to random strangers who give sweets to children sounds a bit awkward. . More like people in a village who are doing work that helps the community, eg, paving the road, or doing work or doing work to bring water to the community I would say, and having a grumpy man complain that they aren't working fast enough, or that the cobblestones they're using are not that good, etc.
    The campaign mod seems to be going great, they are doing a VERY thorough job (I've never seen a mod that comes with a pdf game guide before). Any shortcomings, such as the map, are not their fault, nor could they possibly do anything about it. I would argue that it would be wise on the part of CA to actually assist them, as this mod seems to be something very big. A tool that would help them mod the map, for example, would be very good, and in this manner, CA would renew interest in an older title (this is always good for a game and the company that produces it) with minimal cost and effort for the company itself. I think it would be a win for CA, any way you 'd look at it. Already, I read comments on YT of people who say that they're going to buy the game just for this mod. So, a map modding tool given out by CA, would be huge for them, not only in sales, but also in the PR sector.
    1st: CA gives a about sales numbers, all they doing is to deliver a working (more or less as we know) product to a set time.
    2nd: The only one who can decide if CA gives any aid to modders is SEGA, their publisher.And since mods are free to download they cant make solid profit out of it.The other reasons why they shoud do it that you named are outside of their
    buisness model logic

BELIEVE ME

p.s. stop beeing so childish peops! stop living in candy land and look at the things the way they have to be looked at.Everything else is just nonsense
    like my english but thats your problem
    not mine

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345