Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MAP - mini and paintable

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Icon6 MAP - mini and paintable

I have a favour to a player of SSHIP to ask: can somebody create a "paintable map" of the current province situation (borders and settlement) in the SSHIP?
    Similarly to the one done here for the EBII.
    I'd be grateful!
    JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 30, 2020 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Categorisation after moving to a subforum.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP paintable map - a request

I should be able to do that. Do you want it for the current version or for the next one?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Well, I actually thought that somebody else would be willing to do it - to save your time .
    The next version is going to have different boarders? (hmm, I know only one change you've told us - inclusion of Tao-Klarjeti region into the Imereti province)

Next version please!

Blog Entries

The only borders change concerns the Caucasus area
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    The only borders change concerns the Caucasus area
    Any change is welcome, a change in a region brings a fresh way to play with the Cumans, Georgians and Seljuk Turks (Empire and Sultanate of Rűm).

Quote Originally Posted by Pyres Δt Varanasi View Post
    Any change is welcome, a change in a region brings a fresh way to play with the Cumans, Georgians and Seljuk Turks (Empire and Sultanate of Rűm).
    We'll do our best to bring a good play with any faction. But some assistance would be welcome, for instance if somebody would make a paintable map for the current SSHIP to save our time
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

If somebody could share the map_regions.tga file, I'll have a crack at making a paintable map.

Paintable map progress. Not perfect, I know, but hopefully useable...?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paintable Map.png  

Definitely usable if finished, and in a higher resolution

Draft one- a "plain" paintable map, with only the seas and lakes filled in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paintable Map.png  

Thanks, Georgios! Very usefu!
    I'll be using the for different purposes. For instance, this is map of the regions I've fixed titles in my submod.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Post in haste, repent at leisure- there's a couple of lakes and bits of sea I forgot to fill in, plus some provinces incorrectly marked! Fix no. 1.

I've also started doing a starting positions map for the various factions- can somebody provide me with the actual starting positions? I'm away from my home machine with access to SSHIP today, so I can't do it myself!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paintable Map.png   Paintable Map startpos.png  

From my perspective what would be useful is:
    - adding the "dots" in place where the settlements are (on a blank map),
    - making a map with the settlements' names, and possibly with the names of the provinces, and possibly with the level of the settlements (like WC - wooden castle, LC - large city).
    However, you'd probably need to have an access to the SSHIP to do that :-(
    cheers
    JoC

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

England owns more: Eastern Normady (south from London) & Anjou (south from previous).
    Iberian pennisula is OK.
    SSHIP mini-mods :

A few small tweaks- Fix no. 2 attached.

Also attached is a cities and ports "dotty" map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails map_regions_cities.png   map_regions.png  

Aaaaand here's starting positions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails map_regions_cities_start.png  

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Is there any reason why Benghazi and Alexandria are a single province with the city not present at all? Would be nice to head west as Egypt and reconquer Benghazi as a first step to reclaiming all of North Africa and Sicily - a campaign i often play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    Is there any reason why Benghazi and Alexandria are a single province with the city not present at all? Would be nice to head west as Egypt and reconquer Benghazi as a first step to reclaiming all of North Africa and Sicily - a campaign i often play.
    I've thought that myself- and I also wonder how historic it is to have the African provinces encompassing the whole Sahara desert, when historically the Mediterranean empires only ruled the coastal strip. Personally I'd add a Cyrenaica province, and some sort of (unconquerable?) "Eastern Sahara" one- not sure what could be cut elsewhere to accommodate this, though, in terms of historical accuracy and gameplay. I make the following proposal.

New "Unconquerable Desert" province incorporating the eastern Sahara and interior Arabia. Tripoli province is now pegged back to the coast, and is joined by a Cyrenaica province.

To compensate, I've merged the two provinces of English Wessex into London province, and Byzantine western Bulgaria into Naissos province. As an Englishman who favours the ERE for gameplay, I hope this will avoid any accusations of nationalist bias!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SSHIP proposal.png  
    Last edited by Giorgios; September 24, 2017 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Forgot to upload file

Blog Entries

Again, the limit for provinces has been reached (199 + the sea). Choices (sometimes difficult) had to be made. If you want to add any region, you need to remove another one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast