Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: XBAI: Battle AI and combat feedback thread

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: XBAI: Battle AI and combat feedback thread

1.08 is now live, just clicky my siggy

We will hold off on the recruit adjustments after testing this version as I made some morale adjustments that should affect them breaking sooner.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

So, what if I told you guys that AI sieges work great now! The AI will build, use and attack the settlement the proper way! because of XAI!! (You wont find that feature in Vanilla or Radious)

The new video should be live
    I wish Darth was here to see this, to the Darkside.

Call CA and shout it from the rooftops!! (What you yell is up to you)

remember the XAI forums golden rule...no negativity!!

You guys need to get fricken excited!! spread the word and get people involved with XAI!! I am but one man.
    I know these forums are slow...but come on!! Lets PARTY!! A major milestone has been broken!!

I am sure there will be lots of work do do in this area, but it is a great first step!!
    I am here for the community, and to make the Vanilla base grand campaign as good as possible so that everyone can enjoy the game again. When done, then maybe we can breath new life into this game, and maybe more and more mods will be created for it. I know that because of the maps issue, that it may never be as popular as our beloved Med2, but it's engine is pretty old and now that hardware can actually handle this game, it is time to work more on this game. Maybe, with some community support we can improve the other games as well. People in the TWC center need to start being positive and come together.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 07, 2017 at 01:40 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

hi!

First of all, great work, I am verry glad to see you back on the forums. I'm a really big fan of your XAI for medieval 2. I had a lot of fun playing with your BAI and CAI!

About your BAI. Is it possible to prolong the duration of the melee? For example reducing the melee rate? The AI is really smart with your BAI and reacts to all my movements. It even retreats units from the front line to interfere with my flanking units! But sometimes the melee duration is a little too short in my opinion. Battles last 7-9 minutes, full stacks. Personnaly if like battles of 10-12 minutes with full stacks.
    Thanks for your great work, it really bring me back on playing Attilla.
    Keep up the good work!

Thank you, Acolyte it is good to be back

I have done a lot to make the duration longer. they can be a bit too short sometimes I do understand for sure. I will over time work on more things that I find unbalanced. There are a lot of considerations when I make changes. Now that everything is working right in the BAI, I can do some tuning to increase the duration of battles. Currently, though I have shifted focus to the diplomacy mod and getting unit experience to units.

Pay close attention to things and make sure it the melee is the cause. It could be that javelins are still over powered, so please keep a close eye on the battles and keep reporting. I need lots of feedback so I can get the XAI perfected.

I increased melee defense of units as they gain experience more than the melee attack. So also pay attention to the unit experiences as well.

When I get everything working, then I will probably focus on a weapons, armor and shields mod, to make sure it is all balanced.

Thank you for the report, I will keep an eye on it.
    Don't forget to check out the XAI channel
    Last edited by xeryx; September 08, 2017 at 12:17 PM.

Hi, did you made changes to the cavalry running speed? My light cavalry is verry slow in chasing the enemy archer, even if their status is winded.

They should be pretty fast. In this next revision I am working on speeds of units for the second time. I agree they are too slow, even foot soldiers.

I am increasing fatigue speed of all animals, to be higher.

rbt's Avatar Libertus

Still morale is to high, even levy units can fight to the last one, like 5/120 unit.

There is problem with fatigue, units can run 20s then they are winded.

are they running up hill? or though the forest. you are being to vague for me to be able to fix anything. I am planning on lowering the lower tier units morale by 6 point pretty soon. I am working on diplomacy currently.

Just one thing to report with the battle A.I. mod that I have mild issues with. Playing on very hard difficulty and hard battles: tier1 units are fighting down to the last man. I would only expect this of professional units, not levies and tier1 units. Otherwise great so far!

AT RBT: I have looked at the fatigue system, and I did not find anything wrong.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 26, 2017 at 09:04 PM.

EDIT: I realigned the moral system go enjoy. Thanks for your guy's input!
    Last edited by xeryx; September 26, 2017 at 09:03 PM.

Default Re: XAI: Battle and combat feedback thread

>HOLY Jesus help me..what have I done!!

I think you have awoken skynet.

I did some good adjustments to siege equipment and adjusted the flanking parameters, the AI now has better formation cohesion. Let me know what you think.

I did a MAJOR rework of artillery, so all projectiles have a true realistic purpose and damages. It will also not be so OP in explosive damages.

The AI seems somewhat reluctant to attack barricades at times. Here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	325610_20171027172331_1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	319.3 KB 
ID:	349135

...I didn't have anything left to cover the barricade. And a group of enemy units approached them, but never attacked. They just kept moving back and forth. It looked like they couldn't decide what to do (if they were human).

That is interesting, haven't seen that happen before.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123