Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: XCAI: Campaign AI feedback thread

Default Re: XCAI: Campaign AI feedback thread

right on it then i will start with the langobards with all of your modules and the other mods also,only one question i just put everything from the 1.06 version to the data folder? or should i download the 1.05 also?

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

just 1.06 the newest version, in the data folder.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Ok so you do not need to report that Peace and Alliance offers are happening too often..I am working on the levels for that. They are being a bit tricky

This game I have had 2 alliances broken, then the following turn an alliance offered. Once the alliance levels are fixed, then that should work good.
    Last edited by xeryx; August 30, 2017 at 04:26 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

There is currently a bug with the unit experience, and I think it is coming from the skills and traits mod..but I have not been able to find it. It is giving me 90 xp per turn at level 2. are you guys experiencing this? I may need to start a new game. this is from a Hero
    Last edited by xeryx; September 04, 2017 at 10:52 AM.

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Some hints you might find interesting:

Colonisation. Vanilla's cost of taking desolate lands is excessive. All map becomes a desert too soon.

Climate change. Same. Vanilla is excessive.

Transports only through ports. Didn't see good reasons for this in Rome II; however, in Attila they say hordes have a tendency to go on Mediterranean cruises, which can spoil the game. I have not seen it myself, but it might well happen, why not? Limiting transports is something to consider (only in the great campaign)

The attached pack gives you an example for all three fixes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you, I already fixed climate change this last version and I will take a look at the other values.

Actually the vanilla path-finding isn't an issue to get onto or leave the beach, Those are movement points expended to perform the action. A transport ship has 3000 movement points. At a value of 100000, it could never leave a beach, I assume that is the point. Unfortunately it limits the strategic decision for the player too much. The issue is similar for armies crossing rivers. I lowered it down to a reasonable level so you actually can cross them. Although there are some discrepancies, I will add them and change the values, accordingly.

Now the colonization cost! that is a good improvement!! Since money isn't as big of an issue I will half the value. The main reason the AI would not take over abandoned settlements was in the decision logic for the AI, and it is now a higher priority depending on the AI role.

I appreciate the gesture and help!
    Last edited by xeryx; September 04, 2017 at 01:20 PM.

Hi!

Playing as the caledonians, turn 40 in the early game. Diplomacy works, no longer do the AI drag on endless wars, but they make peace when able. The WRE is pretty strong and handles itself verry good against invasions, they even make peace with their enemy's.
    Another question, how does imperium work? does it jumps with every city you conquer or with your tech research? Wouldn't it be more realistic if your imperiumlevel increases with every region you conquer.
    For example: as the caledonions, every minor faction is declearing war against me, even if the are not my neighbours. (the geats) just because they dislike imperialist ( high imperium level)
    Also, isnt the number of armys you can recruit per imperiumlevel too high? For example: 14 armys at imperiumlevel 3, even if i own only 3 regions?

Good questions!! You have a really good point. Imperium is also based on your research too, it is both. Maybe I can lower the amount for each province, and then give give the remaining point to the region. On the harder levels they hate imperium a lot more, that setting is difficulty based. That keeps things much more tense and prevents large alliance blocks. with large factions. I will look at that as well, but I am going to lower how much imperium weighs in the AI decisions. Because that also weighs against the human too, I just need to get that magic number hit.

The number of armies could be a bit on the high side, however, currently it is high to see how the Romans perform. I will adjust those items a bit after the campaign gets adjusted correctly. The Romans skew so many numbers in the game. If I only allowed 4 armies, they could not defend themselves, even if it is small armies the number has to be there to allow them to create them.

Right now the main concern is getting the factions to properly attack the Romans, to chip away at them. Then I can look at the imperium levels directly, on the province basis. Then I can adjust the Armies accordingly. I doubled the amount of imperium it takes to reach maximum, to accommodate for the changes.

I am also working on adjusting the amount of armies the AI generates. We are getting there slowly but surely. Baby steps
    Last edited by xeryx; September 26, 2017 at 12:33 PM.

Hi, another question.
    How well do ai factions hold conquered regions?
    For example, the saxons invade lundinium, they conquer the city. They return with their army to the mainland, leaving the city with only a governor and one unit of spear levy as a garrison unit, because the main building chain is still roman, and don't adds extra garrison units for the saxons, the ai also doesn't upgrade the main city building line. Wich makes it too easy to reconquer Lundinum as the Caledonians with only one spear levy and a general as garrison force defending the saxon city.

That depends on the personality of the AI, more aggressive personalities are less likely to use their armies for defense. The AI upgrading building is a huge vanilla issue, that will be addressed later. Not sure if that can be fixed or not. I do plan on looking at the building and research line for the AI, but that is a pretty large undertaking, and right now my focus is elsewhere. I am only one dude unfortunately, and there is a lot of work to be done still, but overall the game is performing much better. Just don't expect perfection, because I doubt that can be obtained.

Thank you for your quick reply. I am a big fan of your work and I am looking forward to your future adjustments!

Thank you, I did some XDAI and XCAI adjustments today.

I did some more balancing adjustments today, in the XCAI, XBAI, and Dynamic Stances. Please see change log or release notes.

I need some input about how you feel as a Roman player, do you like the legacy techs disabled?

Hey Xeryx! I'm enjoying the mod so far as the Tanukhids. Would you directing me to the proper section(s) of the db tables to adjust campaign movement? I want to mess around with those tables in order to adjust campaign map movement rates to 24 tpy campaign.

holy cow! 24tpy!! man you know that the diplomacy should also be adjusted for that many turns too. If you look in the Dynamic stances all you need for movement is in there. you will see the movement range. Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I am testing some more changes to the XCAI and hopefully it will eliminate the shy armies that plague the game.

If you have any further questions let me know. Any thoughts on the Romans technology getting outdated in tech tree?

haven't given the roman factions a swing unfortunately, though i do like the theoretical idea of the Roman factions regressing technologically as they become more entrenched and embattled monarchies. Cannot speak to it from a gameplay perspective though.

I will be adding a new module soon to address some things, please checkout the Buildings and research module for a description.

xeryx
    youre mod working in charlemange as well ?

The core modules will, but the other modules have not been adjusted yet. Trying to get the grand campaign perfected first before adding in more stuff.

JFYI, Guys I did a major update today, and added in a great module to fix most of the food issues. I also have seen major improvements in the campaign armies behavior, and it is now very aggressive, and not running away anymore!! Finally my campaign is challenging me in all fronts!!

I do highly recommend starting a new campaign, hopefully Skidvar's Garrisons module will come out in a day or two for you guys, it is awesome!! Fortunately, it is save game compatible, so you can use whichever garrison mod you want, in the meantime.
    Last edited by xeryx; October 01, 2017 at 05:19 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast