Thread: XAI: Dynamic Stances and movement

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default XAI: Dynamic Stances and movement

XAI: Dynamic stances movement and terrain

This XAI module has dynamically changing costs, training and much more for armies/navies depending on the stance you choose.

XAI is a core improvement mod and designed to fix most of the vanilla issues that are present in the game. XAI modules are designed and balanced to work together as a complete mod. Its main purpose for being modular is easy adoption for other modders, easier troubleshooting, and updating. It is also designed in the "submod format" meaning that it has the highest compatibility with other mods!

Campaign Map terrain and roads have been revamped to accurately reflect movement in different terrains. All land terrain is tougher to get through, so you cannot just zip around anywhere on the map, like in vanilla. The benefit to this is more realistic travel and ambushes. You can also cross rivers now but at significant cost and time. Mountains without roads are quite a bit tougher to cross as it should be. Ocean movement is about twice the movement as land.

Stances are now useful!!, and the AI benefits and uses the stances like a player. You will only find these features in XAI! You will have Dynamic costs for your troops, every stance has different costs. I have also implemented troop training while garrisoned or fortified, got to keep those blades sharp.

This is an optional module and is balanced with other modules for best gaming experience.
    XAI Modules- designed for the Grand Campaign
    XCAI: Advanced Campaign AI * (1)
    XBAI: Advanced Battle AI * (1)(4)
    XDAI: Advanced Diplomacy *
    XAI: Bug fix compilation *
    XAI: Dynamic Stances and Movement ! (2)
    XAI: Vanilla Units ! (2)(4)
    XAI: Leaders, Skills, and Offices! (3)
    XAI: Family, Fame & Honor! (3)
    XAI: THARBBG module + (3)
    XAI: Advisors, Generals & Wives +
    (*) is required, (!) highly recommended for best experience, (+) optional modules
    The numbers denote they are balanced to work together with those modules.

This module is 100% my work and you may not use my work without permission on any other officially released mods or projects anywhere on the internet or for any other Total War game. Please be specific about issues you may find and use the modules to isolate issues, by deactivating or activating them.

Army and Naval Stances;
    I have refined many things to be useful, fun and encourage better behavior from the AI, and so far it has worked.This work has been updated since these jpegs were made. For specifics, please see the attached JPEGS

ARMY STANCES
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

NAVY STANCES
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Change log
    V1.11 - Lowered stances replenishment rates by about 50% and removed extra bonuses for garrisoned units because it is in XCAI, changed dummy display to reflect but it will vary.
    V1.10 - I needed to make some adjustments to the dynamic stances costs, in order to be in line with the newer changes made to the cost in the difficulty settings. I changed the horde stances mainly. Since they carry their supplies with them, they get an all around 10% cost benefit over settled troops. I also added in more cost modifiers for hordes as some were missing.
    1.091- Fixed naval movement bug

Download XAI: Attila HERE
    Last edited by xeryx; September 29, 2017 at 11:19 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix