Thread: XAI: Family, Fame & Politics

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default XAI: Family, Fame & Politics

XAI: Family, Fame, & Politics
    This XAI module is balanced for use with XAI and covers Fame / Imperium, Family, and politics. It is much better balanced than vanilla.

XAI is a core improvement mod and designed to fix most of the vanilla issues that are present in the game. XAI modules are designed and balanced to work together as a complete mod. Its main purpose for being modular is easy adoption for other modders, easier troubleshooting, and updating.

A Dynamic Fame/Imperium system
    Fame/Imperium is now based on both your faction size and level of development. I also doubled the levels of fame/Imperium to accommodate these changes. I have raised the maximum caps for; governors starting at 8 with a max of 32, special characters are 1-3 to prevent spamming. As that still gives a max of 9 which is still a lot of special characters running around.

Family - lots of changes here, but made it pretty realistic
    > Base chance of children 35
    > No more than 1 illegitimate children
    > Illegitimate children have a max of 100 gravitas
    > Max children is 6 per family (kept vanilla so family tree stays under control)
    > Child adulthood at 16
    > Wife barren at 40
    > Child mortality 50% for very young and 25% of young
    > Retainer age is 16 to 35
    > Chance of males 60% (mainly because they are more useful in the game)

Politics - Loyalty since it is a scale of 1 to 10 I simplified things a bit.
    > Adoption +1
    > Heir +2 or -2 if taken away
    > Merry daughter +2
    > Immediate loss of office -1
    > Granted office +1 (yes, they cancel each other out)
    > Gravitas greater than Lord -1
    > Epic failure -1
    > Great success +1
    > Civil war -2
    > Civil war battles +1
    > Upstart generals and sons -1
    > No more jealousy for giving an office to a lower ranked character

Battlefield Integrity
    I made quite a few adjustments here, I ended up with a happy medium to keep the AI from having rebellious armies. Decimation is now increased to 50 points over 2 turns to keep the AI momentum going. I also fixed a vanilla bug that caused armies to rebel due to an overflow error.

Honor table that will affect BFI. These will be cumulative battles goes from +3 to -3
    Honor
    > acquire vassal +1
    > Bankruptcy -1 (because it is irrelevant)
    > Become Christian -1
    > Being Christian -1
    > Battle -1 or +1
    > Dishonoring Alliance -1
    > Looting a city -1
    > empty threats -1

Currently, this mod is focused on the Attila campaign and there are some early adjustments to the AOC campaign that may not the same as Attila.

This module is highly recommended and balanced for use in the XAI

This module is 50% my work and you may not use mine or others work without permission on any other officially released mods or projects anywhere on the internet or for any other Total War game. Please be specific about issues you may find and use the modules to isolate issues, by deactivating or activating them.

Download XAI: Attila HERE
    Last edited by xeryx; September 29, 2017 at 10:54 AM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix