Thread: XCAI: Attila Advanced Campaign AI

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default XCAI: Attila Advanced Campaign AI

XCAI: Xeryx's Advanced Campaign AI

This is a required module for XAI and It is balanced for use with the XDAI Diplomacy module.

XAI is a core improvement mod and designed to fix all of the vanilla issues that are present in the game. XAI modules are designed and balanced to work together as a complete mod. Its main purpose for being modular is easy adoption for other modders, easier troubleshooting, and updating.

Some of you may remember my past work on Medieval Total War 2, which is still in use today. My prior experience with the campaign and battle AI now brings refinement and balance to Attila. [B]

Campaign Factions & Armies.
    I have eliminated the "scared of you syndrome" that plagues vanilla, this includes armies and factions. Enemies and their allies will protect their lands when you invade or go raiding. Sieges are now 100% working due to extensive work here and with the battle XBAI and the AI will attack you when it is at war with you. XAI is hands down the most aggressive campaign AI made, there are large amounts of sieges, battles and sometimes it can become utter pandemonium at the higher difficulties.

AI Personalities
    Extensive work has been done in this area and I am only about halfway done, but I have made significant improvements such as; increased the diversity, and fixed many issues related to personalities, budgets, and building choices. The work done is really too vast to list here, needless to say you will see vastly improved AI behavior more true to their personalities.

AI Strategic Layer
    Along with personalities I revamped the whole AI decision priorities table to not only be more true to the persona of the AI, but also to help it make better strategic decisions. Coupled with changes in the diplomacy and the occupation table you are now going to see what this game engine is truly capable of.[B]

AI Occupation
    Completely rewritten and by properly syncing occupation with diplomacy and personalities, I have achieved an AI that actually occupies cities when it sets out to do so[B].

Campaign Difficulty
    I also rebuilt the entire difficulty system from scratch. The penalties and bonuses have been greatly expanded to give all skills of players the experience they deserve. Unfortunately, the AI always has to have some bonuses to compensate for things it cannot do as well. I also added many bonuses for the human player on the normal and easy levels, so the casual gamer can have more fun. There are many improvements like a dynamic research system and many other systems based on difficulty, but I have drastically reduced the ridiculous bonuses that CA gave the AI.

This module is a core module and needs to be used with the other core modules.
    XAI Modules- designed for the Grand Campaign
    XCAI: Advanced Campaign AI * (1)
    XBAI: Advanced Battle AI * (1)(4)
    XDAI: Advanced Diplomacy *
    XAI: Dynamic stances and movement ! (2)
    XAI: Vanilla Units ! (2)(4)
    XAI: Leaders, skills, and offices ! (3)
    XAI: Family, integrity, loyalty, and honor ! (3)
    XAI: Research and Buildings ! (3)
    XAI: THARBBG module + (3)
    XAI: Generals & Wives +
    XAI: AI Unit recruitment +
    XAI: Double onagers for Skidvar's Garrisons + (5)
    Skidvar's Garrisons + (5)

(*) is required, (!) highly recommended for best experience, (+) optional modules
    The numbers denote they are balanced to work together with those modules.The XAI mod has taken over 1200 hours of hard work to create. I truly hope the community enjoys this work and I welcome constructive feedback. It will continue to undergo refinement and changes. I also plan on adding some more modules in the future so, If you are a talented modder and believe! then please contact me. Due to this commitment, I will also not have time to take on any further projects outside of XAI.

This module is 100% my work and you may not use my work without permission on any other officially released mods or projects anywhere on the internet or for any other Total War game. Please be specific about issues you may find. Please use the modules to isolate the issues, prior to posting, by deactivating or activating them.

This mod is not, or will ever be, Radious compatible because of the way that mod is designed. Once you have played 50 turns of XAI, you may never go back!

I took some inspiration from Taxes rebalance and icon fixes by Tsundak and added in the same fixes.

Download XAI HERE
    Last edited by xeryx; November 24, 2017 at 04:18 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: XCAI: Attila Advanced Campaign AI

Updated description and removed release notes
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix