Thread: XBAI: Attila Advanced Battle AI

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default XBAI: Attila Advanced Battle AI

For videos please see my YouTube Channel
    XAI: Advanced Battle AI

This is a required module for XAI and, but can be used standalone. Warning! This Battle AI was forged on the Darkside.

XAI is a core improvement mod and designed to fix most of the vanilla issues that are present in the game. XAI modules are designed and balanced to work together as a complete mod. Its main purpose for being modular is easy adoption for other modders, easier troubleshooting, and updating. It is also designed in the "submod format" meaning that it has the highest compatibility with other mods!

What is in this mod:
    Difficulty levels Remember these are set in the game options
    Easy; Will be for the beginner that is just getting familiar with the game.
    Normal; Is set up for the casual player but should still give an adequate challenge.
    Hard; Is going to be just that and the AI can beat you with equal forces.
    Very hard; The AI will fight you to the last man and can beat you with fewer forces than you.

Many bug fixes, plus
    + A realistic and working moral system. The XBAI morale and fatigue system is the largest contributing factor to your success or failure on the battlefield. Make sure to keep an eye on morale through the unit stats box, it is now imperative for your situational awareness on the battlefield.
    + There are tons of adjustments better affect the battlefield morale, from flanking or a rear charge. Everything you do on the battlefield will now affect whether you win or lose!
    + Naval combat has been overhauled and now has a working moral system, It is actually fun to do marine assaults and even the dreaded ship to ship combat has been fixed, to be fair and balanced.
    + The morale system is generally designed for units up to a 100 morale for balance. If you add in units mods, note their moral. Morale does not regenerate naturally like fatigue, you must use specials and generals to keep units from breaking. You will now see when your units morale is in trouble for a longer period of time.

A revamp of the fatigue system for great harmony with the new moral system.
    + Increased and changed the fatigue bands and completely revamped rest of the fatigue system. Terrain will now greatly affect fatigue and is now much more realistic.

Spotting distances: I am not one to subscribe to the common theory that you have to let the AI see everything on the battlefield. XAI also definitely proves this with its performance. With XBAI the AI will search for you on the map, even when you are hidden in an ambush. When it is defensive, the AI will also set up and ambush you as well! It is imperative to use and be aware of the recon units.

Sieges are fixed
    Working in conjunction with all XAI core modules, the AI will now siege your cities when the opportunity presents itself, it will build siege equipment to take your city. Then on the battlefield, it will deploy, and properly use the siege equipment to go over your walls and take your city. (please see my YouTube Channel)

Unit class stats are changed, these are a general unit class or type adjustments, so you can still add whatever unit mods you want.
    + Dramatically improved battles by fixing ALL spacing issues with the game, this included sieges, open field, and naval combat.
    + Cavalry is a much more realistic threat on the battlefield as they have much greater mass, hit points and will hit you much harder, much like they did in my Medieval 2 mod. You will also find they can actually retreat and not get wiped out. Plus they will break through the lines now, no more bouncing off and die in the process. They are as I believe cavalry units should be and that will make the Huns particularly deadly.
    + Missiles and projectiles: Completely revamped to make them as realistic as possible. Fire and Whistler's close to full damage. Normal arrows still have slight AP. Heavy arrows damage is split equally. I also reworked all battlements, arcs, damages, velocities, spreads, and dynamic range accuracies to be closer to real life.
    + Reload times are 15 sec for bows and 30 for crossbows.
    + Bows are the only missile weapons with higher arcs but are limited in the arc. Slings and javelins can only fire in slight arcs so best to have them to the flanks or on an elevated position to minimize friendly losses. (Javelins will have a hard time throwing over walls into a settlement)
    + All arrow units except elites have a missile spread of 3 and now have variable ranging accuracy. Bows; Longbow=R200, Composite=R225, Reflex=R160 Basic Bow=R150 Xbow=R130. The exception to this is mounted units. They have reduced range and slightly increased loading times.
    + Artillery deadliness increased, but now has a variable accuracy system properly implemented.
    + Animations have been greatly improved by a much better animations pack. (But there is still a few discrepancies)
    + Special abilities - I fixed many broken abilities and re-balanced them for XAI.
    + The return of the Cantabrian Circle! In this last revision, I have incorporated Gerula's work to bring back the Cantabrian circle. It works great and is a lot of fun!! Unfortunately, the AI does not currently use the formation.

This module is a core module and needs to be used with the other core modules.
    XAI Modules- designed for the Grand Campaign
    XCAI: Advanced Campaign AI * (1)
    XBAI: Advanced Battle AI * (1)(4)
    XDAI: Advanced Diplomacy *
    XAI: Bug fix compilation *
    XAI: Dynamic Stances and Movement ! (2)
    XAI: Vanilla Units ! (2)(4)
    XAI: Leaders, Skills, and Offices! (3)
    XAI: Family, Fame & Honor! (3)
    XAI: THARBBG module + (3)
    XAI: Advisors, Generals & Wives +
    (*) is required, (!) highly recommended for best experience, (+) optional modules
    The numbers denote they are balanced to work together with those modules.

Gerula for his Cantabrian Circle mod, Molotovsoda Vic and mai tuoisang for animations and Pizzaman6 for his All in One mesh fixes and finally Noif1988's Pikes fix!! which are included in this mod. Please stop by their pages and upvote their work.

This module is 90% my work and you may not use my work without permission on any other officially released mods or projects anywhere on the internet or for any other Total War game. Please be specific about issues you may find and use the modules to isolate issues, by deactivating or activating them.

This mod is not, or will ever be, Radious compatible because of the way that mod is designed. Once you have played 50 turns of XAI, you may never go back!

Change log
    V1.11 - Did not like the alignment of morale, hard seemed like normal level, so I lowered wavering and breaking point and also changed the difficulty level bonuses.
    V1.10 - Realigned the moral system. Found a couple of cantabrian errors, and updated naval units to land unit level standards. increased speeds of mainly foot soldiers. Increased minimum fatigue speeds for mounts. This better aligns the movement with the animations.

V1.09 - Finalized changes, also changed the leveling system for units and generals and incorporated Cantabarian circle for mounted archery units.
    V1.08 - Significant changes to the fatigue system, AI has way more energy to whoop ya. Fixed all unit Radius' and adjusted unit spacing to accommodate changes. The AI is now on par with the difficulty of the player.
    V1.07 - Fixed foot soldiers speeds, running and charging. Fixed some errors in the projectiles damage (arrows)
    V1.06 - Dramatically improved unit movement and performance by adjusting the spacing of formations and more. Cavalry charges are now a lot more deadly if you are not in a very tight formation. Towers are also now aligned with their archer counterparts. Wooden towers are like normal archers, and stone towers are elite. I also changed the accuracy of all projectile units by giving them a 50% effective range, of their max range. Vanilla did not accurately reflect actual bow ranges. Artillery is effective at 65% range then decreases in accuracy. Generals are more buff than soldiers when leveling up.

Download is located HERE
    Last edited by xeryx; September 30, 2017 at 12:57 AM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix