Thread: How to limit a certain unit per army

Icon5 How to limit a certain unit per army

Dear friends of Total War,

for quite a while (months) I´m looking for a way to limit a certain unit per army (E.g.: only 1 Giant per army). Searched the tables via PFM (not only once) and googled this issue... all without success.

Changing the global unit limit in the main- (or land-?) units table is easy, but not what I´m looking for.

If anybody knows the table for modding this issue... please please please share your knowledge with me!

P.S. if this is not the proper category for this thread, I beg your pardon and request moving it to the proper one. And pls forgive me my maybe unconventional writing style, my native language is austrian.

Default Re: How to limit a certain unit per army

I also wanted to implement this, though I couldnt find a direct solution either, however how Mixu did it in his Norsca overhaul is that you can only recruit one unit per building, say you want a Norscan Ice Wyrm you need to build a Dragon Cave, that Dragon Cave only lets you recruit one Wyrm, additionally only few settlements have a superchain for a Dragon Cave so you can only recruit 4 Wyrms. You could put those 4 Wyrms in one army, however due to the high cost and complications tied to gettin a Wyrm its unlikely anyone would want to do this. (Unless of course you are as mad as a hatter)

Default Re: How to limit a certain unit per army

Thx for your answer MisterNipples!!!

It seems they really didn´t implement a value for this issue