Thread: Question: Dragon Models

Default Question: Dragon Models

Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone has made any progress on making/getting permissions for a dragon model. If not making it, maybe trying to see if the Warhammer team would allow a transfer? obviously it couldn't fly, but just think it would be better as a unit then as a ancillary/trait

Idk if it could be made to have a siege-like attack (like flaming shot) as well as a melee one?

Default Re: Question: Dragon Models

Well, personally unless somebody makes a model that's accurate to the setting I've no intention of borrowing another. And we have a Questions thread for questions.

Okay, thanks. My bad, feel free to delete/move thread.

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

There's some dragons in this mod - http://www.moddb.com/mods/dagor-silm...-age-campaigns, not sure if he's made them himself but they are pretty sweet, I think he's adding flying units such as eagles etc from the previews he posts

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by peaman View Post
    There's some dragons in this mod - http://www.moddb.com/mods/dagor-silm...-age-campaigns, not sure if he's made them himself but they are pretty sweet, I think he's adding flying units such as eagles etc from the previews he posts
    from my understanding the dragons and animations are buggy

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    from my understanding the dragons and animations are buggy
    Well I've only tested Glaurung which is the leader of a faction with fire drakes as bodyguard (wingless drakes) and it looks spot on, but yea I'm sure the flying units will have buggy animations.

With the capabilities of the M:TW2 engine all flyings units, using the invisible elephant trick, will always be a little buggy.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

The only dragons who look accurate are from the banned mod.

But they are way more buggy compared to BotET:s dragons - the best thing would be to re-texture those if permission is granted.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal