Thread: AI brain-dead?

Default AI brain-dead?

Hi Guys have recently started NTW and of course went straight for Darth Mod
    Playin on H/H, and i notice in my battles that the AI is pretty brain dead.
    It can't use cavalry, it can't form a main battle line (instead running its line infantry withing 2 pixels of my line, at an angle, and then starting to fire), it doesn't flank, it suicides its general into my line
    What is going on?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: AI brain-dead?

Here is a battle using Bran Mac Born edits: Notice British form an excellent firing line and shoot up the Irish. Notice that the British Cavalry flanks and charges in at a critical moment. Notice as the human player tries to circle round and flank the British infantry counters with the British cannons in support. Notice then when the Irish is weakened from the musket fire the British charge in with bayonets and the cavalry roll up the Irish line. A good example of what happens using these settings.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLFN8_4jWOQ
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; August 02, 2017 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Here is a battle using Bran Mac Born edits: Notice British form an excellent firing line and shoot up the Irish. Notice that the British Cavalry flanks and charges in at a critical moment. Notice as the human player tries to circle round and flank the British infantry counters with the British cannons in support. Notice then when the Irish is weakened from the musket fire the British charge in with bayonets and the cavalry roll up the Irish line. A good example of what happens using these settings.
    Hi Bran,
    your mod has already been bookmarked to be downloaded.
    Is this a vanilla issue or a Darth issue? As i see exactly the same thing in Empire

Patrician

I think it is a Darth issue that is why I made the sub mod. The Ai coding in the vanilla game was never finished neither was Empire. They finished it with Shogun 2 and that Ai is OK.

Civis

Bran

I have a couple of questions.

I noticed after playing a battle last night, that the Line Infantry was still using Fire by Rank and not volley Fire ( I am using Super slaughter Version). My question is: Do your modifications to the game apply to other unit pack mods that were not apart of the original DME? I use other multiple mods ex. Rise of the Black Eagle 2. I feel as though the fire by rank, contributes to the units engaging in Melee much sooner. Is their anything I have done wrong? Thanks Bran.

Patrician

DarthMod Napoleon has Fire By Rank. I did a volley fire version but did not apply that to the unit add on packs. I will probably release a complete volley fire version in the future. The Fire by rank can cause the Ai to be confused and delay in response.

Civis

Interesting. So the question is, do I need to go to DB Editor and change some tables? I believe you proscribed this in another post. Thank you. Bran.

PS. Anyway I can turn off the rain?, it causes the troops to not deliver musketry smoothly.

Patrician

The rain is from our heavenly father, you may pray for better weather.

Civis

Hey guys,

I am a bit confused. Which file exactly do I have to download if I want to use Bran's battle AI with DMN? Is there a special version for DMN or not? And second, can I use Bran's campaign AI mod, too, or will it mess up DMN? If I can use it, which file to download for DMN?

Thanks a lot!
    La Garde meurt mais ne se rend pas!

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Thanks for the link, Bran. I've been playing DMN with your CAI/BAI edits for some days now and it's been an amazing experience so far. The BAI made some moves that really surprised me. Thanks a lot for your work!
    La Garde meurt mais ne se rend pas!

ofcourse AI is braindead.. its not really AI, its just bunch of scripts that activate when conditions are met.. worst part is that CA hardcoded them so they cannot be changed or fixed or improved in any way.. you can go around them sometimes, but only very indirectly..