Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stansted Manor, Bourchier Estates

Default Re: Stansted Manor, Bourchier Estates

"I believe that may be an admirable course of action,especially amongst the northern lords and potentially any of those lingering Lancastrian ilk, who might have special grievance against Woodeville on account of their treachery. All the while we may maintain the objwctive of maintaining his majestys rule."

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

"If we find those who have claims on lands that Woodville controls they can be supported them with little fear of things being tied to us. If we tread lightly we can undermine them and topple them without worry of retaliation. The key is to not over play our hand." Hastings had a fondness for cards their was an art to the game that required one to think on their feet. Even the worst hand could be a winning one if you played it right.

"I prefer a conservative strategy." Thomas admitted. His brother had many resources compared to himself and yet Edward had died. "We must be cautious. Do you jave any leads that may legally support us?"

Hastings shrugs, "Mowbray might my eldest daughter is married to one of his sons, and he has no love for Woodville. My brother in law Montagu has no love of the former queen she apparently had eyes on some of his lands. The royal uncles perhaps may support us. Your brother the Archbishop of Canterbury still resents the queen I would think. The fact that Suffolk was given his former office most have added additional salt to the wound." Suffolk had fought for neither side during the conflict, but somehow he had prospered more from it then those that had marched to confront the queen. That did not sit well with Hastings. There were a number of men with power and influence in that list and if they could convince some of them to support them it would be a boon.

Thomas listened to his acclamations and shortly concluded that Hatistings and himself had similar end prerogatives. "I quite agree with thine politics." he concluded "consider me at thy disposal for the destruction f the reputation of the Woodevillles in this early stage." Thomas ventured "perhaps the dowager queen's exunication could be used against her immediately.."

"Perhaps," Hastings says considering as he stands to leave. "We should begin moving among our contacts and finding those that are sympathetic, then we can discuss what to do with her and her ilk." They would not be able to move openly this time, but perhaps they would not need to.

"That is a wise course of action. Clarence and Gloucester may prove suitable allies in the end. We both know who underlies the true power of House York. It is not the scheming, murderous Woodvilles but the King's uncles and, well, us." he added with a grin.

Hastings nods I intend to ride for Dover on the morrow, I have some other business with the Duke of Gloucester, but I will be sure to bring this to his attention as well. Perhaps you can visit Clarence and see to gaining his support." With the royal dukes friendship secured they would have more leeway to move openly.

"I shall go to see him." Thomas promised "It is only a matter of time before the Queen and her wretched family worm themselves into the working of the government again."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12