Thread: Please help with building tables!

Default Please help with building tables!

Hello dear modders,

I'm working on a Savage Orcs overhaul, creating new units, new buildings, new lords and a workin techtree.
    Now the units are implemented and work just fine (yay), but Im struggling with the buildings, primarily because (desperate screeching) I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN, thus I dont understand how they function.

My biggest problem is understanding the function of superchain. What is it? What is its purpose? Will it work if I sacrifice a goat in its name?
    Its hard for me to understand which building that I want to create I need to actually create a superchain for or which I can link to already existing ones. I keep experimenting, but my game just keeps crashin and Im pretty sure its the superchain being sadistic.

Default Re: Please help with building tables!

I think I got it, superchains are linked to building slots in every town of the map that need to be linked. So for every building that I created that does not have a pre-existing superchain like the barracks building I need to create a superchain and link that superchain to the towns where I want to enable the building to be built in the slot_template_to_building_superchain_junctions_table - did I miss anything?

Update: I imported the slot_template_to_building_superchain_junctions_table and put in the new building superchains and matched them with their slot template. The game is still crashing
    also: I have neglected to implement the building instances table, since I dont know what it does. Can anyone help me?

Alright, I really don't know what to do anymore, heres what I got so far:

building_chain_availablitiy_sets_tables: connecting the one building, wyvern nest (+additional horde option), that doesn't ugprade from pre-existing building as building chain to the set_key wh_main_bas_savorc

building_chains_tables: putting the wyvern nest building (+horde option) to a superchain with identical names to the building chain keys, e.g. key is wyvern_nest, super chain name is wyvern_nest

building_culture_variants_tables -> Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buildimg_culture_variants_tables.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	347483

building_downgrade_junctions_tables -> I only put in the level 4 major settlement in both columns, also the horde one.

building_effects_junction_tables: I basically copied the values from vanilla level 4 orc major settlements to the savage orc level 4 settlements i want to implement.

building_levels_tables - values are all copied from vanilla tables, except wyvern nest:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	building_levels_tables2.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	347481Click image for larger version. 

Name:	building_levels_tables1.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	347482

building_set_to_building_junctions I just put in the wyvern nest, wyvern nest horde, to building_set: wh_main_set_greenskin_military_recruitment

building_units_allowed_tables: I just put per building which unit is recruitable, starting from level 1, adding to the coming levels the higher tier units and assigned to each line in the table a unique id in the unknown3 column, not identical to anything else (date of the day +001,002, etc.)

building_upgrades_junction_tables: copied into the "from" column the savage orc buildings from the vanilla game and put into the "to" column the new buildings to upgrade into. no wyvern nest in there.

cai_construction_system_building_values: copied into the first column the savage orc vanilla start tier buildings and copied the final upgrade buildings i wanna implement into the second column. the rest of the values (the ones hidden on the right side you cant scroll into) are copied from vanilla orc buildings.

slot_template_to_building_superchain_junctions_tables: I created for each line a unique id, as usual date of the day +001,002 etc. took the wyvern nest superchain key and used it on every row i could find in the vanilla table where military orc buildings were put. deleted every other row, so i only have unique variable links, including one line for the horde_secondary

....and thats all I got! The game keeps crashing, even though everything should be fine?
    perhaps my mistake is in not using the buildings_instances_tables, which I don't know what it is for (since the instances used in that table seem to be used in no other table?) and also every building has a value of 1, except of course 2 orc building instances having a value of 2, just to confuse me a bit more I'd appreciate any kind of idea that could help me, I'm tinkering on these godda-lovely buildings for a week now.

PS: of course every value is COPY PASTED so that I have no typos! (I quadruple checked them too)