Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Percy Estates

Default Re: Percy Estates

"I heard the news."

John looked determined as ever. He'd raced north as soon as he'd heard of the writ of attainder being published.

"What shall you do?"

He let his question speak for itself.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Henry sighs deeply, casting a glance away for a moment.

I have no choice, John... and that choice is to fight.

He looks back at his brother-in-law with his own determined look.

If I do not fight, I will surely be executed and buried in a pauper's grave, shallow and barely covered. My family will lose everything, my wife a widow, and my children without a home.

Henry exhales deeply.

And I will not let vile woman, that reincarnation of Margaret of Anjou, take what is rightfully mine!
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post

As Lord Warden of the Scottish Marches, I shall move my troops to aid the Duke of Gloucester.

Perhaps Percy could speak with His Grace about the recent demand for his presence in London. It was most certainly a trap.
    "His Grace will be glad to hear of it, and to see you at York." The messenger said. His duty done, he bows and moves to depart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    Henry sighs deeply, casting a glance away for a moment.

I have no choice, John... and that choice is to fight.

He looks back at his brother-in-law with his own determined look.

If I do not fight, I will surely be executed and buried in a pauper's grave, shallow and barely covered. My family will lose everything, my wife a widow, and my children without a home.

Henry exhales deeply.

And I will not let vile woman, that reincarnation of Margaret of Anjou, take what is rightfully mine!

"You sent Eleanor to Lancaster, then.."

He decided to ask. It seemed that choice had re-ignited this War of the Roses that has simmered quietly for two decades of peace.

"I will do what I can to help you, for the love I give to your sister. I know not on which side my father in London falls."

John had nearly lost Elizabeth from a stillbirth some months prior, which had upset him greatly.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post

"You sent Eleanor to Lancaster, then.."

He decided to ask. It seemed that choice had re-ignited this War of the Roses that has simmered quietly for two decades of peace.

"I will do what I can to help you, for the love I give to your sister. I know not on which side my father in London falls."

John had nearly lost Elizabeth from a stillbirth some months prior, which had upset him greatly.

I had no other choice, John. It was either let her rot here in the North or send her to someone where she could be of use and value.

He stares at his brother-in-law, knowing he could not hide the truth from him.

We will need to speak with Tudor and de Vere. They are our only other allies with former loyalties to the Lancastrian cause. Otherwise, I may have to march with Gloucester or Clarence, if they rise up, they can at least ensure my lands are returned to me. If I stay up here, I will only continue the route of my father and not help my family one bit.

"My uncles will see you dead for supporting Anjou's bastard, Harry."

Said John, harshly. They too were Richard of York's sons, they'd seen their father's head spiked on the walls of York.

"Your best chance is fleeing across the sea, now, or else try and hold out until Lancaster crosses the sea with his army."

Holland grimaced. Standing against the Queen was one thing, standing against the entire House of York was quite another.

Citizen

No, John.

He says abruptly, raising his hand slightly before shaking his head.

A Percy never runs from a Scotsman. And I sure, as hell, will not run away from the Womanly Scourge that resides within London. I will only damn my family if I do so.

He exhales deeply, looking around Alnwick for a moment.

My best bet is to hope that Lord Gloucester is sympathetic. As long as I can retain my lands and titles, I know I can be of greater help to my niece and her husband, than being a landless noble.

Henry places a hand on John's shoulder, looking at him directly.

I knew I could trust you, John. Please, take care of my sister. No matter what happens, take care of her and your children. If I can weather this storm, then I will be in a better position in England than fleeing across the sea.

"You would have to lie, though, Harry. York's sons would never forgive you if they knew full well what had been done, desperate or no."

John looked a little offended that Percy would not tell the truth. Nonetheless, he gave a firm nod.

"I shall do as you ask then, and await the coming storm from across the water. If it ever arrives."

He sounded doubtful. Invasions had been postponed by bad weather before.

Citizen

I would have to lie and I will beg God for forgiveness when this is over, and if I live. But, at least with a lie, I have a chance to live. And with that, a chance to help my niece and protect my family.

Henry could understand the concerns of John. Lying would damn him greatly, but telling the truth would only damn him to the edge of extinction.

If something happens to me, John, go to my brother, Edward, who lives in Sussex at our mother's estates. Ensure he takes care of my family.

"I shall do so. I pray for your success, and I shall await word of it."

Or else, John would know that he has failed, and that his head was spiked somewhere as all traitor's heads are.

"So, all is gambled upon Lancaster's success, then."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123