Thread: Most Complete Near East Faction?

Shatov's Avatar Civis

Default Most Complete Near East Faction?

Hey guys,
    Huge fan of the work you guys do. I played the Pahlavan, Bactrians and Hayasdan a lot in EB1, and now I'm looking for a similar experience with a similar more Late Antique army-cataphracts, horse archers and relatively heavy infantry. What faction has the most units available for this playstyle? I'd prefer not the Seleucids TBH.

Keep up the good work. Also, if anyone has and kind of general mod that helps with stability issues on more modern machines I'd appreciate a DM.

Default Re: Most Complete Near East Faction?

You'd probably be best served with the same three factions, plus the Bosphoran Kingdom (although the latter has no cataphracts, it has various heavy HAs and some Greek and Caucasian heavy infantry). AFAIK some factions will be getting different bodyguards in the next version, plus maybe a few additional units.

Shatov's Avatar Civis

When's the next version due?

Also, I saw Armenian Lancers in the wiki. Do I get those with the Thorakiti reform? I'm about to launch a big war against the Nabateans and they'd be useful.

The mod is fantastic. I'd like to see more work on the Hayastan and Pahlava rosters but it's still goddamned incredible. Thanks!

2.3 is due when it's ready.

The Caucasian Lancers are a late unit, they come with the Thorakitai Reform.

Hayastan won't be getting any more units, they have all their uniques already. There are a handful more regional units for Anatolia and the Caucasus still to come, but their roster is materially complete.