Thread: [Proposal/VERY WIP] Essos Mod

Default [Proposal/VERY WIP] Essos Mod

Hey guys, I've started on a map of Essos. Here's the area I'm looking at (with regions, general cultural groups, and potential factions). It's going to take place during the Century of Blood (A few hundred years before the books/show):

I've also started to play around with ideas for rosters, trying to match different cultural groups/factions with real-world medieval culture. I don't plan on modeling units so I will be requesting for content usage from other non-GOT mods.

As of now, I've screenshotted some units from some of my favorite mods to get an idea of the rosters NOTE: These pictures are NOT from my mod, nor do I have permission to use them! They are just what I'm thinking of in terms of style (or hope to use if the original modders end up giving me permission to use their great work. I will give credit as I post.

Default Re: [Proposal/VERY WIP] Essos Mod

First off Qohor, Norvos, and Lorath. I'm thinking Qohor has the most contact with steppe peoples (though this is before Dothraki expansion) and so have developed the most mounted archery. I used southern slavic cultures for the models which are from TSARDOMS: TOTAL WAR. More specifically, I used Bulgaria for Lorath, Serbia for Norvos, and Moldova for Qohor. Let me know what you think about the cultural assignments and remember these models are not mine nor are they in my mod. Also, there is obviously going to be some breaks from canon, and I know that the names are rather boring now.

Qhohor:

Qohorik Infantry:

Qohorik Spearmen:

Qohorik Macemen:

Qohorik Guardsmen:

Qohorik Serfs: Qohorik Bowmen:
    Qohorik Scouts:

Qohorik Light Cavalry:

Qohorik Mounted Bowmen:

Qohorik Cavalry:

Qohorik Nobles:

Darkwater Infantry:

Darkwater Bowmen:

Darkwater Heavy Spearmen:

Darkwater Riders:

Darkwater Nobles:

Norvos

Norvosi Peasant Archers:

Norvosi Spearmen:

Norvosi Bowmen:

Norvosi Infantry:

Norvosi Guardsmen:

Norvosi Crossbowmen:

Norvosi Cavalry:

Norvosi Mounted Bowmen:

Norvosi Nobles:

Hill-Tribesmen:

Hill-Tribe Footmen:

Hill-Tribe Horsemen:

You should at least do some changes to the units, like shields and banners to look more like essosi. Qohor army is mostly made of Unsullied so some of these units dont make sense.
    Last edited by hackera96; July 28, 2017 at 02:34 AM.

Unfortunately, I'm on mac so I can't really do too much modeling (but I could do texturing). This is actually taking place towards the beginning of the bleeding years when Qohor had not yet hired the unsullied (though even now, it's only their city guard). There will be free companies added, which the free cities will rely on as well.

Also, if anyone know of mods with liberal model use policies, please let me know. So far it looks like I'll be able to use models from Broken Crescent (Only Alpha Delta's models), Rusichi Total War, and Tsardoms (though only some models), though I do need to check regarding individual models.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Have you had a look at my essos tw project? Map is almost entirely simular to the area you had in mind + much is allready done for several factions. I do have plans to continue the work in the future
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Oh nice man, I'll take a look!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Question: Before ussing Tsardoms models in your submod , have you considered to ask their permision 1st?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

If you read my first post, I make it very clear that these units are simply great examples of what I'm thinking of for rosters/cultures. They are not in my mod, and anything that I actually end up using will be specifically cited after getting permission.

However, I have asked Tsardoms and was given preliminary permission to use the factions displayed above (though not unit-by-unit, so there may be some exceptions). Before anything actually goes into the mod, there will be express and specific permission from the original modders.

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    Have you had a look at my essos tw project? Map is almost entirely simular to the area you had in mind + much is allready done for several factions. I do have plans to continue the work in the future
    I took a look and it looks like your map ends at Qarth, while I'm hoping to include Yi Ti, etc. I'm making the map mostly just for fun and everything that I do will be open source. I'd be happy to work with you or help out with your mod if you want though!

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by d35966n View Post
    I took a look and it looks like your map ends at Qarth, while I'm hoping to include Yi Ti, etc. I'm making the map mostly just for fun and everything that I do will be open source. I'd be happy to work with you or help out with your mod if you want though!
    Il keep that in mind!

Well at some point I would like to extend the map east and south but in reality I know nothing about the towns there.. I dont like play god with Grrm's epic fantasy world
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

I would love to play with the unsullied they would be great in a large battle