Thread: How do I save changes to the unit variant model pack?

Default How do I save changes to the unit variant model pack?

Hello. I am trying to change a hat in one of the units for the great war mod. I have gone over the tutorial from Steph (Thank You for all your efforts!), and believe I've got the basics of the process. I have found the path of the mesh and texture in _GreatWar5_VariantModels_Units.pack using pfm, type in the changes I want, but I have no option to save the file. I am familiar with clicking out of a cell I have made changes to in other packs to bring up the option to save, but nothing seems to work. I even tried exporting the file and making my changes in notepad. When I try to bring the file back into the proper place, nothing seems to happen and there is no option to save. I am using pfm 3.5.2

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? I am fairly experienced making basic changes using pfm and finding the answers to my problems using the tutorials, but this time I'm stumped.

Thanks,
    Sundown101

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: How do I save changes to the unit variant model pack?

Use an older PFM.. For NTW they work well. I think I'm using 1.5.9

Default Re: How do I save changes to the unit variant model pack?

Thanks Steph, 1.5.9 worked like a charm! Now I have to make sure to follow your instructions from the use part of another faction tutorial.