Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 1.33 Release - New Version - Read here

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: EB v1.3 - EB v1.31a Alex released!

Quote Originally Posted by Teobec View Post
    Great work Bogia!!!Are we gonna see siege engines in battle campaign like those 3d models in RS3?!?

Thanks again for all your effort!!
    What do you mean, there are siege engines in custom battles test them.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Teobec's Avatar Foederatus

No! I mean if you ever put in a future release 3d models of huge lithivolos machines just like rs3 has!In EB we have the ballista models from vanilla Rome tw!an example:the talantaioi lithoboloi it was supposed to be a huge machine instead we have a little ballista from vanilla Rome!
    And again thanks for all your effort!!!keep up the good work!!👍👏

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

So what is the sigifincance of the "-applaunch 4760/4770" part on the shortcut? Will this work with other mods we want to play as well?

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    So what is the sigifincance of the "-applaunch 4760/4770" part on the shortcut? Will this work with other mods we want to play as well?
    That's to tell steam which application (game) it should launch. The others are RTW specific flags.

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    For steam version, the shortcut of desktop is from steam. So you need to tell it what app of steam you want to run. 4670 is for Rtw and 4770 is for Alex. A mod that is not for alex and is rtw only you can't run it via Alex, it may run but crashes will occur.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Thanks for your continued work on this mod.I must say some things in this latest version are a bit weird. I'm not a fan of the new landbridges. It is fairly immersion breaking when Sicily, Sardinia, etc are connected by long islands. I understand this is probably a move to help the AI but yeah, immersion breaking.
    I'm running the Alexander version.
    Also are the Hayasdan supposed to have zero homeland regions available? So far I've conquered all the rebel cities in the mountains around them and the best I get is "Alliances Available" I never played really played Hayasdan before so I dunno if it was always like this or my version is bugged? Even spying on the Pontic regions they aren't homeland for me either(thought they might be since Pontos and Hayasdan share recruitment buildings)
    The campaign map also looks kinda weird, a lot more like the Med 2/EB2 map, is this intentional as well or are my files buggy?
    I ask if these are bugs or not because I had a lot of trouble installing the Alexander version on my computer (instead of putting the EB file in my Rome - Total War\alexander\ directory I had to put them in the main Rome directory) I'm running the retail version of RTW.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I generally love all things EB but I have to agree with the person above, the land bridges are immersion breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Minsc_andboo View Post
    Thanks for your continued work on this mod.I must say some things in this latest version are a bit weird. I'm not a fan of the new landbridges. It is fairly immersion breaking when Sicily, Sardinia, etc are connected by long islands. I understand this is probably a move to help the AI but yeah, immersion breaking.
    I'm running the Alexander version.
    Also are the Hayasdan supposed to have zero homeland regions available? So far I've conquered all the rebel cities in the mountains around them and the best I get is "Alliances Available" I never played really played Hayasdan before so I dunno if it was always like this or my version is bugged? Even spying on the Pontic regions they aren't homeland for me either(thought they might be since Pontos and Hayasdan share recruitment buildings)
    The campaign map also looks kinda weird, a lot more like the Med 2/EB2 map, is this intentional as well or are my files buggy?
    I ask if these are bugs or not because I had a lot of trouble installing the Alexander version on my computer (instead of putting the EB file in my Rome - Total War\alexander\ directory I had to put them in the main Rome directory) I'm running the retail version of RTW.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

First i can't really help with hayastan, they have some persian reforms and may this is the solution. Second the environment is different because there are included the new textures from anarchon. Third if you have installed Alexander into your rtw folder there is no problem. EB folder needs the Alex exe to work and they need to be into the same folder so no problem. If you see the 1.31a alex splash image you are ok

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    First i can't really help with hayastan, they have some persian reforms and may this is the solution. Second the environment is different because there are included the new textures from anarchon. Third if you have installed Alexander into your rtw folder there is no problem. EB folder needs the Alex exe to work and they need to be into the same folder so no problem. If you see the 1.31a alex splash image you are ok
    Well thanks for the timely replies! I do see the 1.31a Alex version splash and you've explained the textures on the campaign map =) Thanks for continuing to work on this!

Quote Originally Posted by GROB View Post
    I have tried everything, and I can't get the v1.31a Alex to show up in the splash screen. I keep getting v.131 Alex. What am I doing wrong? thanks inadvance.
    If you see 1.31 alex that means you run the version. The original says 1.2 by mistake.

GROB's Avatar Civis

If you see 1.31 alex that means you run the version. The original says 1.2 by mistake.
    You mean that v1.31 Alex, is the correct Alex and will get the a Alex update or just ALEX? Sorry for the dumb question.
    Last edited by b0Gia de Bodemloze; August 17, 2017 at 03:09 AM.

Samariten's Avatar Senator

Congrats to the release and thanks for still working on this fantastic mod. Keep up the good work guys.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

congrats!

Hayasdan get I & II MICs after their reforms, google it, it's easy to find the requirements

Quote Originally Posted by GROB View Post
    You mean that v1.31 Alex, is the correct Alex and will get the a Alex update or just ALEX? Sorry for the dumb question.
    The fact that you see 1.31 Alex means that you have installed correct the version

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

I have followed the instructions carefully and done everything right. However when i click the EBI Alex shortcut i see the EB 1.31 loading screen for one second then CTD. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Samariten's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Thg170 View Post
    I have followed the instructions carefully and done everything right. However when i click the EBI Alex shortcut i see the EB 1.31 loading screen for one second then CTD. Any ideas what might be wrong?
    I remember something with the preferences.txt (Rome Total War\EB\preferences) wasnt filled up with values. This was caused by not running the game before installing the mod (i think). Though it was an older version of the mod so might not apply here.

Congrats! Keep up the good work! +rep

Civis

Hi,
    Can you explain in detail what you really updated or modified?
    Thanks.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

keep up the work!

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

hi , i have a problem , why the soldiers do not get tired during a battle ?, they are always fresh . i have installed alex version thx