Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 1.33 Release - New Version - Read here

icenii's Avatar Civis

Default Re: EB v1.3 - EB v1.31b Alex released!

@Saul Tyre thanks actually getting an annulment so didn't realize there was a new version out I'll go check, playing the new TWH2 and the Med2 mod for Warhammer between new game releases and all the excellent mods out there and new ones I'll be spoilt for choice.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Oh sorry for getting on my high horse icenii, I guess I'd just seen a few actual comments like it that day aha
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

icenii's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Oh sorry for getting on my high horse icenii, I guess I'd just seen a few actual comments like it that day aha
    No problem there and if you see anymore of my weird humor anywhere just ignore it .
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

I just decided to update my EB 1.21a to EB 1.3, I deleted everything relating to EB then installed EB 1.3 again running EB 1.3 .exe. However, the EBTrivialScript displays the same error messages seen on the first page of the thread and I cannot use it. I've heard a "Hotfix 2" is supposed to fix the issue but I cannot find a Hotfix 2 anywhere in this thread, only Hotfix-Siege.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Magister View Post
    I just decided to update my EB 1.21a to EB 1.3, I deleted everything relating to EB then installed EB 1.3 again running EB 1.3 .exe. However, the EBTrivialScript displays the same error messages seen on the first page of the thread and I cannot use it. I've heard a "Hotfix 2" is supposed to fix the issue but I cannot find a Hotfix 2 anywhere in this thread, only Hotfix-Siege.
    Are you using steam or a physical copy?
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Are you using steam or a physical copy?
    A physical copy and it's installed to RTW in program files (x86).

A physical copy and it's installed to RTW in program files (x86).
    This is b0Gia's instruction for the ALX.exe only >>extract EB 1.3a into your RTW directory > add 1.3b into same folder >send a shortcut from the ALX exe. to desktop > open the desktop icon > go down to properties and open it > put this
    -mod:EB -nm -show_err -noalexander in the target line (including the spaces) so it looks something like this > c:/.../..../RTW-ALX.exe -mod:EB -nm -show_err -noalexander, hit apply & OK and you should be good to go

Can I make a suggestion, time consuming as it may be? Uninstall everything including RTW > reinstall RTW to your programs(X86) folder > go to your c:/drive and open a "new folder" and rename it to something suitable > go back to your RTW install and open > highlight ALL the files inc. the exe's > right click on them and "copy" > return to your renamed "new folder" in c:/drive and paste > let it install then extract your EB 1.3 or EB 1.3a/1.3b into that same folder as I instructed. I do this for every mod, I have 16 in total installed on my PC, all in their own individual folders and the original install of RTW fresh for use whenever I want, without having to uninstall/reinstall every time or if a mod install goes wrong, let me know how you get on and if you need any more help

EDIT: I apologise for mistakenly giving THE WRONG instruction for EB 1.3a earlier, I have corrected it accordingly.

Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 24, 2017 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Rectified mistaken instruction

Install EB 1.3 into the Alexander folder in your directory > send a shortcut from the ALX exe. to desktop > open the desktop icon > go down to properties and open it > put this
    -mod:EB -nm -show_err -noalexander in the target line (including the spaces) so it looks something like this > c:/.../..../RTW-ALX.exe -mod:EB -nm -show_err -noalexander, hit apply & OK and you should be good to go
    I don't have Alexander installed, just plain RTW and BI, which is why I downloaded EB 1.3 and not 1.3a or b which seems to be for users with the ALX.exe only. Is "hotfix 2" in one of those downloads? That's what I'm looking for.
    Can I make a suggestion, time consuming as it may be? Uninstall everything including RTW > reinstall RTW to your programs(X86) folder > go to your c:/drive and open a "new folder" and rename it to something suitable > go back to your RTW install and open > highlight ALL the files inc. the exe's > right click on them and "copy" > return to your renamed "new folder" in c:/drive and paste > let it install then add your EB 1.3 install into that same folder as I instructed. I do this for every mod, I have 16 in total installed on my PC, all in their own individual folders and the original install of RTW fresh for use whenever I want, without having to uninstall/reinstall
    Since EB is mod-foldered, I doubt it will cause any damage to RTW's vanilla files which is why I shouldn't need to install separate instances of it. I'm familiar with the method though and used it for when I played RS II. I also do the same thing for other TW games. Like I said though, none of that is really the problem, I should probably reinstall EB 1.3 and select the option to launch through shortcut but once again, I need the link to "Hotfix 2", which I don't see anywhere in the thread.

Thanks for the help. I might send a PM to Bogia if he cannot reply here.

I don't have Alexander installed, just plain RTW and BI, which is why I downloaded EB 1.3 and not 1.3a or b which seems to be for users with the ALX.exe only. Is "hotfix 2" in one of those downloads? That's what I'm looking for.
    My apologies for assuming and not reading your question properly, damn, only last week I had a "clearout" of my download section which actually included the hotfix you mention, I could have sent you the hotfix via google drive, anyway thanks for replying, hopefully bogia can help you.

EDIT: if bogia can't help you, pm me your email address and I will send you the Rome/BI/ALX no cd zip file(I do have the physical copies ofc) via drive, I don't use steam either(I have my reasons lol) at least you can play EB 1.3b that way.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 12, 2017 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Update

Installed 1.3, then copied 1.31a and then 1.31b Alex as per guide. It works.

I am liking the Landbridge version, but you have forgotten a bridge to Gawjam-Gotanoz. It's the only island in the game now.

I ALWAYS get a CTD in the following situation:
    - I besiege a settlement
    - I end the turn
    - During the AI turn I get attacked by another army, with the city garrison as reinforcement
    - I win the battle, regardless of playing it or autoresolve
    - I get the settlement and get the option to occupy, expel or enslave
    - no matter what I choose => CTD

Why is this and how can I prevent this?
    It drives me crazy since it is a situation that happens really often.

So, only things to continue with the campaign is to either retrat or loose the battle.

I noticed in the changelog that the reforms have been updated, and new ones added. Where can I find the info on these changes? I'm just getting back into using mods after several years, sorry if it's an obvious question.

My apologies for assuming and not reading your question properly, damn, only last week I had a "clearout" of my download section which actually included the hotfix you mention, I could have sent you the hotfix via google drive, anyway thanks for replying, hopefully bogia can help you.

EDIT: if bogia can't help you, pm me your email address and I will send you the Rome/BI/ALX no cd zip file(I do have the physical copies ofc) via drive, I don't use steam either(I have my reasons lol) at least you can play EB 1.3b that way.
    Thanks for the offer, I've decided to simply play other mods. Bogia never responded to my PM and I've played EB plenty back when it was 1.2. Hopefully the issue will be fixed when EB 1.3.1 for non-Alex comes out.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Thanks for the offer, I've decided to simply play other mods. Bogia never responded to my PM and I've played EB plenty back when it was 1.2. Hopefully the issue will be fixed when EB 1.3.1 for non-Alex comes out.
    If you dont have Alexander you can only play 1.3
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

When i have again free time i will continue the modding. I think i will roll back from 1.31a because 1.31b may broke something. Can someone test only with 1.31a if there are any ctds?
    I will consider adding rtw version also.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    ......Can someone test only with 1.31a if there are any ctds?.......
    I have previously played 3 full campaigns with 1.31a, 250+ turns each as The Sweboz, Lusotannen and Koinon, H/VH, 1280x768 Resolution when using huge units, 1920x1080 when using large units, unchecked event cutscenes, unchecked all 32-bits , Terrain & Buildings on High settings, Units, Effects, Vege & Grass on Medium. Widescreen, Smoke/Dust, Desync Animations & Unit Shaders all checked but no Shadows, Glints or Reflections. I have had 2 ctd's, both on Lusotannen Campaign siege battles, one at Bibracte and one at Syrakousai, replayed both from savegame and they were fine, none during the other campaigns & I have no lag either. I use the physical copy of Anthology, my PC is a desktop with Win 7 x 64-bit OS, 3.5GHz processor & 8 gig of Ram. I often play 2-4 hours at a time each day and I SAVE REGULARLY. Hope this helps b0Gia, congrats on a very fine mod
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 20, 2017 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I have previously played 3 full campaigns with 1.31a, 250+ turns each as The Sweboz, Lusotannen and Koinon, H/VH, 1280x768 Resolution when using huge units, 1920x1080 when using large units, unchecked event cutscenes, unchecked all 32-bits , Terrain & Buildings on High settings, Units, Effects, Vege & Grass on Medium. Widescreen, Smoke/Dust, Desync Animations & Unit Shaders all checked but no Shadows, Glints or Reflections. I have had 2 ctd's, both on Lusotannen Campaign siege battles, one at Bibracte and one at Syrakousai, replayed both from savegame and they were fine, none during the other campaigns & I have no lag either. I use the physical copy of Anthology, my PC is a desktop with Win 7 x 64-bit OS, 3.5GHz processor & 8 gig of Ram. I often play 2-4 hours at a time each day and I SAVE REGULARLY. Hope this helps b0Gia, congrats on a very fine mod
    This is a very good feedback for 1.31a, only 2 random ctd's with lusotanne that could be anything.
    Ok i will note this.
    I need to find my pation for modding again here in Erasmus and fight my emotions.

This is a very good feedback for 1.31a, only 2 random ctd's with lusotanne that could be anything.
    Ok i will note this.
    I need to find my pation for modding again here in Erasmus and fight my emotions.
    Installed 1.3b and now receive this error message and ctd Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error gladius.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	349059 it previously played fine but now it will not play at all

Installation of EB 1.3

You need to install EB 1.3 into your Rome Total War Alexander or if you have it already installed into your Rome Total War folder, copy the folder EB into your Rome Total War Alexander Folder
    I'm sorry but the wording of these instructions does not seem correct to me, this is the non-ALX version, why put the EB file into the Alexander folder? also you have not given these same instructions for 1.3a/1.3b ALX either or am I misunderstanding something? I'm not being rude, I know English is not your first language.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 25, 2017 at 05:01 AM. Reason: typo

Playing as as Saka, weird bug spotted: disbanding mercenary greek peltasts into Taxila gives you their money value back into your coffin, ratio two times every five disbandings, if Satraces is Leader.

GoldShield Guard's Avatar Civis

Ok, I returned happily to EB, after almost two years, and I installed the new 1.31b version.

Some feedback:
    1. The instructions of the installation in the first page are indeed a little bit confusing, maybe because nowadays people have the Steam version, which is different from the Gold Version in DVD that I have. In my RTW installation, all the three exes, rtw, bi and alex.exe, are in the same basic folder, the one of the game installation folder. So I just install the eb 1.3 exe to that folder, and also extract the 1.31a and 1.31b to that same folder, and NOT the alexander folder.

2. Trivial script didn't work for me, I had the exact same error as in this post on the first page of this thread (XMLScriptParser etc). So I used the classic solution of the shortcut to RomeTW-ALX.exe, which worked fine.

3. I also had the Palms Bug. The new map, although impressive, was full of palms in the whole europe and scandinavia, so I fell back to the original map of EB 1.2, as the instructions in the first page. Is there a solution for this bug? I really would like to use the new map.

@b0Gia
    One thing that I missed very much, is the Extended UI Mod, that discloses the real strength of every unit. I know how to make a new submod for your new EB1.3 version, but I would like to ask if you plan to make more changes to the EDU, or this is the final version. I wouldn't like to make the submod and then to have to do again the whole work, if you plan to change the EDU. I mean major changes of course, not some minor ones.

Also, I liked very much that you added the AP (armor piercing) attribute to phalangites. Now they show their true historical value, they are like tanks, noone can stand in front of them!

Congratulations for your mod and your efforts!!