Thread: Question about Arnor

Default Question about Arnor

Since the coming up from "Battle for middle earth: Rise of the witch-king" i was wondering a lot why the military of Arnor looks exactly like the Numenor military from the second age.

The developers admitted that they already had the models from "Battle for middle-earth" (the trailer) and had not the time and interest to create a new, unique military for Arnor.

Since then everybody is copying their style, and in their "canon" (third age TW) Arnor looks like Numenor.

This is just wrong, both temporary and canonical...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unbenannt.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	347397

Since GW has the license to add stuff to the canon, why are Arnor soldiers not looking like this?
    They are not only looking better, they also make way more sense in terms of military developement (they derived from the numenor military).
    Otherwise its like late romans would dressed like early, or classical romans.
    Also im tired of this "white tree" emblem everywhere, Arnor had no tree, thats Gondor.

I would *** love this mod even more if you would consider to make Arnor as a playable
    faction (as you mentioned it), and the military would look like this and not a lazy copy of numenor.

Since i know you are not making a third age tw 2, and you are using elements of games workshop (like the swan knights), what do you think?

Games workshop style, or the one from a video game trailer?

Or do you make your own?

Regards

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Default Re: Question about Arnor

Hello.

First of all I want to point some things out to make this clear.
    Some youtubers are hard to work with when you tell them one thing and they do slightly different or take an outdated information (which is going to be 2 years or so as already outdated) from forums/comments but not the actual Q&A.
    It means, we never took any models/textures/assets/concepts from other games/mods/etc. We create our own unique stuff based on movies and only movies (mainly lord of the rings and even hobbit assets will be lotr-fied to remove that warhammer look from the assets).

"had not the time and interest to create a new, unique military for Arnor." is not true. We create our unique look for each faction. The proof - have a look at already finished units and find any similar units from other mods/games (speaking of units that were not portrayed in films).

I don't know where you see sense in Arnor military portrayed by GW. Arnor is a kingdom that existed in the following lifespan: Second Age 3320 - Third Age 861. Our mod takes place roughly after Third Age 3000. MANY centuries passed since Arnor turned into ashes.

And now you suggest us making units that have plate armour and look more advanced than most of the middle earth factions that do exist by the time of our mod's timeline. Still follow what I mean? Good.

Now, how Arnor units will be presented in the mod.
    Firstly, the faction will be based on dunedain rangers only. Yes, those units in torn clothing and without any metal piece in their armour.
    Campaign will have a feature for them to reforge their Kingdom. The reforged roster: Low tier units will be based on prologue units (just because Arnor you're talking about existed right after the prologue events). With more advanced tier units will have some metal armour additions. It won't be perfect replica as you might think of it.

P.S. You're right that the symbol of Arnor isn't white tree because it was the crown and several seven-pointed stars. Dunno where in our mod you've seen Gondor tree used for Arnoreans (those units you've seen will be reworked from scratch when their time comes). The tree you might've seen is a Numenorean Tree which has nothing to do with Gondor.

And again. Our mod does not use anything neither from TATW, nor GW, nor BFME or any other games/mods/fan fictions.

I hope now you see the picture of it as we do.
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; July 27, 2017 at 01:31 AM.