Thread: Installer not starting

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Default Installer not starting

I downloaded the mediafire files and extracted the D01 files as instructed but when I try to run the part 1 installer nothing happens, opening up task manager shows that it's active for moment but is apparently not doing anything and closes.
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

Default Re: Installer not starting

I just downloaded and installed the files without problems. The installation may take some time, depending on your system. Check that you have the right installation path. It is currently set for Steam. If you have the disk version, you will have to change the directory. You need to download all the mediafire files for the installation. Let me know if it is still not working.

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

I re-downloaded it and it started this time but now I am getting an error involving animations, error 21FC it says
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

That will be a corrupt file. Why not use the torrent? You can actually place all your unpacked files into one directory called 1648 v2.0 and then point the torrent download there (with the sub directory option disabled) - that will automatically fix your download without having to download everything again.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I'm having a slightly different problem but related perhaps. I was able to download everything via the Torrent and attempted to start the installation with part 1, noting that the installation path was correct (i.e. M2TW main directory), but the download abruptly stopped with an error message. It said that the "faction_banner_enemy6.texture" file under the banners folder contained invalid data. Whatever the hell that means. It said that I had to start over and redo the whole thing. I did, and simply got the same stupid error message.

Might this have something to do with Windows 10? Or perhaps it's cranky because I have user account control settings turned on? I'm so confused and angry at this point, having failed miserably to get "The Italian Wars" mod to work properly as well. Just to be clear: I have multiple M2TW mods that work just fine, with no installation problems. It is just these two mods that don't like my computer, it seems. The most aggravating thing about it is that there are seemingly no other late-period 16th-17th century M2TW mods available, at least not of the same quality with custom units.

Blog Entries

This is the first time that I am hearing that an installation failed because of a corrupt file, especially from the torrent download - and that torrent has been up for ages.

Have you ever run the virtual store tutorial? Do so from step 3 onward and then delete the m2tw directory in the virtual store if it exists.
    Did you use the torrent file form the download here at TWC?
    Re-download part1: delete the two relevant files from the torrent directory and then start the torrent again by running the small torrent file. I am assuming that the downloaded files are still in the original directory.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    This is the first time that I am hearing that an installation failed because of a corrupt file, especially from the torrent download - and that torrent has been up for ages.

Have you ever run the virtual store tutorial? Do so from step 3 onward and then delete the m2tw directory in the virtual store if it exists.
    Did you use the torrent file form the download here at TWC?
    Re-download part1: delete the two relevant files from the torrent directory and then start the torrent again by running the small torrent file. I am assuming that the downloaded files are still in the original directory.
    Yes, I did the virtual store thing a long time ago. Hold that thought Gigantus, because I'm reinstalling my entire M2TW game due to a small mistake I made in the initial installation of Italian Wars that apparently screwed up my entire game. At first I thought it was just a problem with that mod, but it now affects all mods. Will get back to you by the end of the day maybe.

Blog Entries

Yup, I suspect DIK's CFG file messed with you.

But that shouldn't have anything to do with the operating system telling you that a file in the installer is corrupt - that's a clear case of the original in the installer being corrupt. Something that again shouldn't happen with a torrent that has installed a couple thousand times without that problem as torrents do a hash check of the original to verify files.

I have recently started to include file verification in my mods via quicksfv - so far it's only in Bare Geomod and only for installed files, not installer files, but others will follow as and when they are getting updated\released and an install file check will be provided as well if there are multiple installer files.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 07, 2018 at 10:08 PM.