Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls: Total War 1.4 - pre-release thread

Default The Elder Scrolls: Total War 1.4 - pre-release thread

THE ELDER SCROLLS: TOTAL WAR - 1.4

With that new trailer we glad to announce you release date of The Elder Scrolls: Total War 1.4. The mod comes very soon, just watch the video to ensure yourself.

***All announcements and information about 1.4 could be made only by TESTW members (that means: by me))***
    Last edited by DaedraWarrior; August 07, 2017 at 07:52 AM.

Civis

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Total War 1.4 - pre-release thread

THE ELDER SCROLLS: TOTAL WAR and Third age Total War are the best fantasy mods!

Wait a bit...
    we want to be better than TATW, no way!! that's out of question

Civis

Well both mods with different stories, cant be one better than other while story is different but if someone make other variant elder scroll then can compete

Yes, that's our goal... Adding new and/or revisited mechanics, increased AI challenge, stimulating scripts and RPG stories/events will do their job

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Yes, that's our goal... Adding new and/or revisited mechanics, increased AI challenge, stimulating scripts and RPG stories/events will do their job
    Not to be a downer but how stable is it and can I downgrade the texture detail easily or is it like SS? My pc is not a monster so would be good to know

An apple a day keeps the mongols away?

Nono but it's not about graphics here, it's about coding & scripting of the game... At the uttermost, they will slow down the turn end passage, but no influence on gaming performance or FPS, don't worry!

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    stimulating scripts and RPG stories/events will do their job
    In addition to slowing down the end turns and possibly inpacting stability, adding these "RPG stories/events" will severly limit player freedom. Just look at the ESO campaign in the current version of the submod. So I advise against it.
    "Fusozay Var Var": Enjoy Life

Quote Originally Posted by Vilica View Post
    THE ELDER SCROLLS: TOTAL WAR and Third age Total War are the best fantasy mods!
    Well, it's hard to be as good as TATW, but me and LoRdNazguL are seek to make quality of 1.4 version same to TATW quality. But of course, TATW is a best mod ever, one can't simple be such good as it. But we are trying)

"one cannot be simply modding into Mordor"... in life everything is possible, just time

Quote Originally Posted by K'Sharra the Conqueror View Post
    In addition to slowing down the end turns and possibly inpacting stability, adding these "RPG stories/events" will severly limit player freedom. Just look at the ESO campaign in the current version of the submod. So I advise against it.
    I think I may release a units rebalanced submod for 1.31, (or even just official 1.2) for those who don't want all the extra bells and whistles introduced in 1.4 ... so take heart in this

Tasunke, yes, your rebalancing of the EDU will be very good as base for the 1.4... but, then, I want you ready for the new balances (given the new units, the projectiles to use, and other contents)... don't forget

Yes of course!

I'm looking forward to play-testing base 1.4 to look for design inconsistencies if any exist

After that, I may port the changes I've already made, or create a new schema based upon their new paradigm.

I'll just have to see how they do it!
    Last edited by Tasunke; August 09, 2017 at 02:36 PM.

Since the mod release date seems to be closer and closer, we decided to post a little article about changes of mechanics in one of major mod factions - Aldmeri Dominion. It could be a single article or the start of 3-5 short articles about some factions which had some big redone in 1.4, we will see.
    So, historically, in first 20-30 years of mod campaign period where was no Aldmeri Dominion as a political force. As you may know, where were three Aldmeri Dominions in Tamriel history - first from period of TESO, as alliance between altmers, bosmers and khajiits, next from end of Second Era, as an opposite force to newborn Third Empire of Tiber Septim and most well-known - Third Aldmeri Dominion, powerful realm of altmers and their Valenwood and Elsweyr vassal, ruled by Thalmor. This third Dominion was created only after Stormcrown Interregnum and had no participation in life of Tamriel in time of TES3 in TES4. Technically, at start of campaign faction should be called "Kingdom of Alinor" or "Summerset Isles", but we decided to call it Aldmeri Dominion, because of more recognizabilty and, mostly, because through the gameplay it really becomes the Dominion, known by TES5 storyline, and date of it's creation is included in mod's time frame.
    So, this was about history, now we will speak about changes in AD gameplay. Let's look at the troop tree.

As you can see, in 1.4 we added many new troops to AD roster, making it equal to the Empire main troop tree by the count of units. Dominion also became equal to it's north opponent not only by count: if in earlier versions you can see short description of it's strength as "Relies on numerous and cheap infantry and archers", now it looks like "best army, in all respects" same to the strengths of Empire. So now Aldmeri main infantry units have higher stats than earlier and they can give a competition to legionnaries in battle, but they still a little less powerful in comparsion with Imperial heavy infantry. But, AD now can attack their enemies with tons of well trained archers and cavalry, better than Empire could bring into battle. So, if you have battle in 1.4 between Empire and Dominion, it is now competition of trained and armored defensive army and quick mobile attacking forces, and you can't know the winner from the start.
    But the main problem of Aldmeri Dominion's roster in campaign is that from start they could reli only on their own forces and very weak bosmer militia. To gain best bosmeri units aldmers shall conquer all Valenwood province cities, so the clans of wood elves could recognize them as their masters, and only then Dominion gains best archers in Tamriel. It is not only mechanics change what was made by us to Dominion position on the stratmap. For example, from the start Dominion still has colonies on the south of Valenwood, but these settlements are very unrest, and on first turns player and AI should concentrate their efforts to make new settlements more peaceful, before planning expansion. Also, Dominion has some economics downgrades to prevent it becoming unstopable conqueror at the first turns of campaign. Opposite, it's main enemy - Cyrodiil Empire had received some economics upgrades to help it don't die from pressure of it's agressive neighbours and become a good contradictor to the threat from the south.

Thank you for reading, hope you will enjoy new version of the Elder Scrolls: Total War. Keеp watching us.

Mmh, good explanation then Daedra...

In any case, the good settings of economics, trade, order and boosts from governors and buildings (and mechanics/scripts in general in the .txts) need to be tailored straight, to have consistency and avoid A is always stronger than B, no matter what and where.
    (Meaning, we do not want the overpowered Mordor of TATW, right? given it ruins the whole campaign, starting from the middle-date)

Btw, haha, sure we watch you, how we couldn't!

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Splendid!

I assume these "steel armor" units are using dominion armors from ESO?
    Last edited by Jadli; August 15, 2017 at 02:35 PM.

I assume these "steel armor" units are using dominion armors from ESO?
    Fighters Guild

New stratmap models for Skyrim by LoRdNazguL (and new Aldmeri Dominion UI also)
    Morthal (Town strat model)

Riverwood (village strat model). Also new model for Grain resource to make Tamriel look more populated.

Riften (Large town strat model)

Nice ones!! really

(although the vanilla letter and end turn button will be removed after if they persist, ahah! xDxD)

I love the new city textures ... and are those new Tree textures as well?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast