Thread: Esperitus Sancti - Mage fixes for Unofficial Patch 1.3

Default Esperitus Sancti - Mage fixes for Unofficial Patch 1.3

Below is my first meagre addition to the Community. In it all I have done is change the costs of mages to make them a bit more sensical (and somewhat standardized). Also added a custom projectile for Telvanni Spellweavers which may or may not be more efficient than the Nahptha bomb, tests have proven inconclusive thus far, and so I didn't add it to any of the other "spellweaver" units.

Imho there are 4 classes of magical users and a 5th 'subclass/hybrid'.

Battlemage, Spellweaver, Archmage, Magic Master ... only Ascended Sleeper, Psijics, and Telvanni Masters belong to the Magic Master category.

Then there is "the Gifted" which applies (thus far) only to WinterholdMages and Hist Priests, as a sort of intermediary between Spellweavers and Archmages.

Battlemages are good at combat and spells, but are limited in their ammo and range, Spellweavers have more ammo and range, but are extrememely weak otherwise, and then the gifted are a bit stronger at combat with more ammo and range, the archmages a bit stronger at combat with more ammo and range, and then the masters are the best at combat, with the best ammo and range.

Anyways I didn't completely implement this paradigm, but I did implement its philosophy inasmuch as RANGE and PRICE. Battlemages are the cheapest at around 800 gold with 250 upkeep, and masters are the most expensive at around 10,000 gold with 1,500 upkep. (spell weavers are around 1,000 gold with 500 upkeep, and archmages are around 4000 gold with 1000 upkeep.) Faction to Faction, prices are slightly increased or reduced based upon Skill.

AFFECTED FACTIONS: Skyrim, Argonians, Aldmeri Dominion, Telvanni, Skyrim

will update as more changes are implemented, should be compatable with any version of ESTW, but best when used with Jadli 1.3

(only affects export_descr_unit and descr_projectile)

You could consider this a proto version of an early Esperitus Sancti alpha

------------------------------------------------------

Esperitus Sancti TOTAL CARNAGE -> Level Armies to waste in this sick mod

If you ever wondered what it would be like to enter a TW game as a lv100 player, now you will no longer have to wonder ....

Affected Factions: Aldmeri Dominion, Tamriel Empire, Daggerfall, Wayrest, Black Marsh, Tribunal, Telvannii

recommended factions: Empire, Tribunal, Telvanni

Elder Scrolls Total War 1.2 + Carnage patch recommended (reduces unit silvering that way) --- though I believe technically playable if merging into Jadli 1.31 (but Hands of Almalexia will re-silver) .... just merge Esper Total Carnage (attachment below) into your mod of choice.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tasunke; July 28, 2017 at 06:34 PM. Reason: added a version

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: Esperitus Sancti - Mage fixes for Unofficial Patch 1.3

Nice job here

In order to keep things organized a little bit, I moved your post to a new thread (here)

Any feedback for any of the Esperitus Sancti versions I release in this thread are more than welcome!! (also please list which version you are using when u leave feedback, but its not explicitly necessary, just helps my reference point)

Nice improvements already... they'll come at hand when we are gonna use the new customized projectiles for magic troops (I have a set of 5 edited projectiles with new textures: rockets, greek fire, bombard, gran bombard and mangonel), which in any case will require new EDU settings/parameters, but good start