Thread: Is it time for TATW version 4.0?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Dομέστικοc

Default Is it time for TATW version 4.0?

TATW 3.2 has long made and became basis of hundreds of submods, other small and other huge ones.
    I am sud to see mods that add so much "imaginary" material that drive the most famous mod of M2TW out of its real path.
    On the other hand I see mods that add what was realy was missing for the last official release.
    Some things still remain unfixed though thanks to the original creators policy that do not allow any intervention on their work or allow the replacement of their work.
    Such unfixed issue is the small size of Elves models that are much smaller that "human" ones because no one ever had the thought to compare the model sizes.
    That is why I was wondering if an "Official" new version could be a solution.
    I know that "fame" of individual work stands more tampteting" than being in a colective work.
    But now as i see TATW it became a real mess.

ElvenKind's Avatar Enjoy your life!

Default Re: Is it time for TATW version 4.0?

Well, the original creator/mod leader had made an update announcement regarding TATW and future of it:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13464791

If someone wishes to fix something, he is free to release his work as a sub mod.
    TATW Local Moderator
    Proud supporter of TATW,MOS,PCP, DaC!! -
    TWC Guide for new members by
    Shankbot- EK`s Install Thread - * Under proud patronage of one and only StealthFox *
    Want to be a new Justin B ?
    Want to learn pro photo editing?
    Best food in your own kitchen!
    Start your own business, and enjoy it!

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

TATW simply is not in development anymore, which is why there are so many submods for it now. A lot of people don't want TATW's development to end, so they build upon it and release it as an optional submod.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Dομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Well, the original creator/mod leader had made an update announcement regarding TATW and future of it:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13464791

If someone wishes to fix something, he is free to release his work as a sub mod.
    I agree but You SEE LL's high elves have the most problems in size and fitting.
    LL does not allow anyone else to "touch" the most "famous" faction in TATW even as submod right?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Moderation Mentor Citizen

LL doesn't allow the modification of his units I believe but people are free to make an entirely new high elven roster if they want.

alreadyded's Avatar Work up a #6 on 'em!

He does allow permission, but like KK he doesn't like to see people spend a little time making a quick re-texture and then taking credit for all the work so you have to ask (most are just copy/pasting/rehashing to lesser quality so the answer will be no of course). Same with all this 'overhaul' stuff you see submods say, well they didn't overhaul and the original creator can see that easily (I don't care if others use my work but I never focused on the art stuff so I do completely agree with the sentiment that being creatively un-creative and adding in more (way too much) of the same thing ruins the game).

So ya the point is to encourage people to make their own stuff and not just refurbish stuff in there already over and over and over and over... you guys are just watering down the uniqueness other's spent their time and effort adding so you guys don't have to spend time and effort.

As for "TATW 4.0" I plan to release a small patch to 'officially' fix some needed bugs with the outdated battle scripts in vanilla that have been around forever and maybe add in some eagles and whatnot (KK actually already did I just need to update them and make them available for use), other than that I have no idea what KK would even want to do for a next release.
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 24, 2017 at 01:27 PM.

Araval's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I agree but You SEE LL's high elves have the most problems in size and fitting.
    LL does not allow anyone else to "touch" the most "famous" faction in TATW even as submod right?
    I think he'd allow fixing size issues but better ask him.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light

You got the wrong impression Anthonius, Alreadyded is correct. I know there were quite a few issues with my units that I was hoping to fix but I lost motivation after KK halted development and myself and my collaborators moved to new endeavours in life.
    Any fixes or optimizations are more than welcome. I'm also ok with my units being reworked as long as it's done artfully and respectfully.

As for a new official release of TATW that would be great but this mod is KK's vision and is entirely dependent on his wishes.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar nis que va bruxo!

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    You got the wrong impression Anthonius, Alreadyded is correct. I know there were quite a few issues with my units that I was hoping to fix but I lost motivation after KK halted development and myself and my collaborators moved to new endeavours in life.
    Any fixes or optimizations are more than welcome. I'm also ok with my units being reworked as long as it's done artfully and respectfully.

As for a new official release of TATW that would be great but this mod is KK's vision and is entirely dependent on his wishes.
    Quem vivo sempre aparece!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Keep it in English, please.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

atthias's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    translation
    somebody who is alive always [re]appears
    as for the topic well others have said it already so I don't have anything to add
    Total War - Rise of Mordor

Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?
    If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!

DO you want some uints back in MOS 1.7 then install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    it adds back units who are deleted from campaing in MOS 1.7
    namely the Winged swordsmen the Citadel guard archers and the gondor dismounted bodyguard.

under the proud patronage of Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post

So ya the point is to encourage people to make their own stuff ...

You certainly do that, sometimes so much I think "Da**** is he doing now!" ;-)
    Last edited by ElvenKind; October 10, 2017 at 09:42 AM.