Thread: Is General Onox bugged?

Default Is General Onox bugged?

Hi, currently playing 4.6 and am enjoying the mod.

However, I met one enemy, a General Onox, that seems to be severely unbalanced. To give an example.

Here is 1 general unit(Onox) vs 2 elite unit armies:

The balance bar is still in his favor somehow.
    I managed to catch him on his own, yet it hardly seemed to matter.

Thanks to AI stupidity, I managed to fill him with Trebuchet fire and the entire ammunition capacity of all my crossbowmen before he even moved, yet he was still alive. Even after having my entire army wail on him for 45m+ (playing on 60min timers), he was still alive, surviving all until the timer ticked down.

Now, I'm no balance expert here, but I don't think I've ever seen a TW unit that has survived 60 minutes of continuous beat down from an elite army all on their lonesome xD
    "He who wishes to be the best for his people, must do that which is necessary - and be willing to go to hell for it."

Let the Preservation, Advancement and Evolution of Mankind be our Greater Good.

And NO, my avatar is the coat of arms from the Teutonic Knightly Order because they're awesome.

Default Re: Is General Onox bugged?

I recommend bringing Keaton Saboteurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Codeman11 View Post
    I recommend bringing Keaton Saboteurs.
    I was actually about to try that... but then a Hylean repeating bolt thrower from my second army one-shot the guy in the first minutes of the fight, lol xD

That's what I call rocks-paper-scissor!
    "He who wishes to be the best for his people, must do that which is necessary - and be willing to go to hell for it."

Let the Preservation, Advancement and Evolution of Mankind be our Greater Good.

And NO, my avatar is the coat of arms from the Teutonic Knightly Order because they're awesome.

Have you seen the statline of the remaining giants(Of which Onox is one)? They're all obscenely tough(63 Armour, 63 defence skill, 15 hitpoints), and basically require instant-kill mechanics or armour-piercing tagged ranged to bring down. Melee stands no chance at all unless and until you wear it out, which will take a while as all the giants are tagged Very Hardy-extreme stamina and stamina regen.

Vaati, despite his size, is also a Giant.
    Last edited by Bloodly; July 24, 2017 at 12:14 AM.

Hylia got obliterated by Iterogators in my game.

That Face of your Profile Pic, is so fitting to what you said.

I know it's a typo, and I shouldn't draw attention to it, but now I want to know if Iterogators are in fact incrementally improving aquatic reptiles...
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by SinerAthin View Post
    Hi, currently playing 4.6 and am enjoying the mod.

However, I met one enemy, a General Onox, that seems to be severely unbalanced. To give an example.

Here is 1 general unit(Onox) vs 2 elite unit armies:

The balance bar is still in his favor somehow.
    I managed to catch him on his own, yet it hardly seemed to matter.

Thanks to AI stupidity, I managed to fill him with Trebuchet fire and the entire ammunition capacity of all my crossbowmen before he even moved, yet he was still alive. Even after having my entire army wail on him for 45m+ (playing on 60min timers), he was still alive, surviving all until the timer ticked down.

Now, I'm no balance expert here, but I don't think I've ever seen a TW unit that has survived 60 minutes of continuous beat down from an elite army all on their lonesome xD
    Yup bosses were buffed to not die to random schmucks. :p
    Last edited by DarkInterloper; July 24, 2017 at 04:01 PM.
    Balres Resdak, Balres Nofok.