Thread: Unlocking all factions?

Default Unlocking all factions?

Hi team,

First I just wanted to say....This mod is really amazing. It is what the Wrath of Sparta Campaign SHOULD have been.
    Hellenika is the best Total War Experience I've had since Third Age Total War.

That said, has anyone found any way to use more than just the assigned playable factions?
    I've installed "WoS campaign Faction Unlock" mod on steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=358887330

It certainly works enough to allow me to play as the faction I want.
    There are some glitches where the opening scene replays after each battle.
    While playing a campaign with Rhodos - it appears I can't replenish my units in anyway.

Is this just the reality of the mod that even with additional add-ons, there is no way to play as the other factions?

Thanks for all your great work.

Default Re: Unlocking all factions?

We thank you in turn for your kind words.
    For your problem with replenishment is understandable because we have locked replenishment and only allow it for certain regions and certain factions through scripts. To be able to replenish I could make a small sub mod for you in order to replenish in your capital. Give me a list of the possible factions you will play and I can prepare it for you. The only problem is that I leave for vacations in 4 days and I return again around 20 of August so we better hurry. If you give me the list of factions by tomorrow I hope to be able to make the addition for you before I leave.
    Generally speaking we were planning to unlock some more factions like Macedonia or Thrace but doing this in a proper historic way is a long process and we simply don't have the time anymore. Most of the team is moved over in VV and we are currently involved in bringing Hellenistic world to life with the same level of accuracy as found here. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    We thank you in turn for your kind words.
    For your problem with replenishment is understandable because we have locked replenishment and only allow it for certain regions and certain factions through scripts. To be able to replenish I could make a small sub mod for you in order to replenish in your capital. Give me a list of the possible factions you will play and I can prepare it for you. The only problem is that I leave for vacations in 4 days and I return again around 20 of August so we better hurry. If you give me the list of factions by tomorrow I hope to be able to make the addition for you before I leave.
    Generally speaking we were planning to unlock some more factions like Macedonia or Thrace but doing this in a proper historic way is a long process and we simply don't have the time anymore. Most of the team is moved over in VV and we are currently involved in bringing Hellenistic world to life with the same level of accuracy as found here. Cheers
    Hey mate...If you can I would love to try Rodos and Byzantium.
    Something a little closer to Persia. Ionia would be awesome but play testing it was an immense struggle I'm not willing to deal with right now
    Whatever you can do would be great although I think by this time you won't have a chance to mod until after your vacation.

Enjoy your well deserved time off!

This is an easy tweak so I think I will manage. I will upload the link here.
    Are you sure there are no serious problems of compatibility with that unlocking mod? I was expecting problems because this mod probably overwrites startpos. Anyway I will check and get back to you

This is an easy tweak so I think I will manage. I will upload the link here.
    Are you sure there are no serious problems of compatibility with that unlocking mod? I was expecting problems because this mod probably overwrites startpos. Anyway I will check and get back to you
    Amazing news! Much appreciated. As it stands right now there have been no major issues I played about 30 something turns as Rodos and the only issue was after each battle or campaign load in the intro video plays which is a 1 button resolution. The only thing really taking away the full experience is unit replenishment

I will test it out and report any issues then your team could release it as an official submod on steam if there are no major concerns.

I think my favourite part about the mod are the unique hoplite unites. It really brings the ancient Hellenik world to life.
    Cheers and hail Mighty Hellas!
    Last edited by Badnercalabrese; July 24, 2017 at 02:36 PM.

Ok the link to download the sub mod is THIS

Make sure you check it in mod manager and that it loads BEFORE hellenika part 1. If you see it after then change the name in a way it appears before.
    I did not have the time to check if it works but it should be ok. It will start working from the next turn of your save game and it will only allow replenishment in Rodos region for Rodos and Byzantion for Byzantion. I will return again for 1 day in 1st of August so if you spot any problems maybe I will be able to fix it for you then
    Have fun

Ok the link to download the sub mod is THIS

Make sure you check it in mod manager and that it loads BEFORE hellenika part 1. If you see it after then change the name in a way it appears before.
    I did not have the time to check if it works but it should be ok. It will start working from the next turn of your save game and it will only allow replenishment in Rodos region for Rodos and Byzantion for Byzantion. I will return again for 1 day in 1st of August so if you spot any problems maybe I will be able to fix it for you then
    Have fun
    You are a hero!
    I owe you a beer the day I visit Greece (assuming you are Greek).
    I will let you know about any consistent errors as I start a campaign with Byzantium.

Everything thus far is working well.

1. When I enable the mod I actually no longer have the option to Choose any factions outside the main ones. This is a simple fix as you disable it, select your campaign and you can always then enable replenishment and no negative impacts occur. It took me a while to figure this one out I decided to keep going with the original Rodos campaign as a result and the replenishment started working instantly.

2. It seems the scripting has a big impact on your game play. I remember from the manual it says something about factions like Rodos being more guerrilla style tactics doing more razing and sacking as opposed to occupying. If I attempt to occupy as Rodos the game will freeze/crash and I am forced to raze or sack only (I don't mind this at all! makes the game more unique)
    I have not taken any cities as Byzantium yet so I will see how it works there.

3. There seems to be a natural advantage in that we have no "limited" caps for our unique hoplite units. I will report further on this but I think I can recruit Lindoi hoplites anywhere and at unlimited numbers (so long as I have the money) Recruiting capacity still works though as in I can only recruit 2-4 units at time right depending on how built up the province is.

4. the constant intro video seems to have stopped so no problems there.

Overall none of the problems with the mod take away anything from the experience so long as you know how to work around it.

Thanks again! I will continue to provide feedback although RL has me pretty occupied these days so my game time is limited.

2. This can be fixed but it will change all other factions that play with similar way. Other raiders will start occupying for example.
    3. This can also be fixed. Best case, this will work as other original playable mod factions. Worst case, you will have a fixed starting number of hoplites not being able to increase this starting cap limit with buildings as in other factions

Not to worry about your free for gaming time. I too am very buzzy in RL lately and currently on vacation also so away of my pc
    Last edited by Phalangitis; August 01, 2017 at 08:51 AM.

well I'm still only about 50 something turns into my Rhodian campaign (I will have to re-visit)
    I actually had a change of heart and had to finish my Corinthian campaign. The war is over folks, the Corinthian led Hellenik Empire has taken over.

I will try again with Rhodes but my last request from you would be to open up replenishment for the Ionian Greeks (I love the unique hoplite units and they seem to have access to the most).

One thing I noticed about the Rhodian campaign is i don't think I'm able to receuit other unique Hoplite units (As Corinth for example, if I conquered Byzantion I could recruit 2x units of Byzatanoi hoplitati - I only get the 2 unique Rhodian units...But I can recruit an endless amount of them).

With all that being said, thanks for this amazing mod. As mentioned earlier - one of the best TW experiences I ever had. In addition, the mod rekindled a historical fascination with ancient Greece. I just finished audiobooks for "History of the Peloponesian War - Thukidides" and am currently working on Herodotus - the histories (wrong order but ohwel!)