Thread: Streamlining?

Default Streamlining?

You can tell a LOT of hardwork has been put into this mod. The uniforms seem well enough, but I just have one problem with this mod. There are just way too many units. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this is a selling point but it is a HUGE hassle just to select units. I get unit variety is a thing and not all line infantry regiments are the same. Some are better than others, others or worst than some. But I think it'd be fine to include some regiments just not each individual regiments. The United States, for example, is fine and decent though I'd prefer the ability to recruit more than one 12 pounder but that's personal preference. Spain, however, has ALL these units that just makes it look like a deluge of unit cards. I understand there are already basic line infantry cards, but these basic line infantry cards that are basic have multiple forms as well with "Veteran Line Infantry" and the like. They're already clouded in the mass of cards, but veteran basic cards are just a bit much.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but perhaps there is a Diet NTW 3? Where Line Infantry are just Line Infantry instead of so many variations of the same role? I love the factions, but some streamlining would be nice.
    Rawr rawr rawr rawr.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Streamlining?

Well good thing is that you don`t have to use anything expect basic line infantry and other generic units instead of named units. Its not that big disadvantage, just make sure you use all money. I also think upgrades are absolutely not worth the cost, better to pick some better units.
    It is more important to use units properly than have ideal selection of units.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Default Re: Streamlining?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post
    Well good thing is that you don`t have to use anything expect basic line infantry and other generic units instead of named units
    As I said, it's not that I want to exclusively use generic units, it's just that the clutter in the unit roster is unbearable. I don't mind prestigious units based off distinguished regiments during the wars, just feels a bit excessive.
    Rawr rawr rawr rawr.