Thread: How to change unit Cap in DME 8.1 Please Help!!!!!

Civis

Default How to change unit Cap in DME 8.1 Please Help!!!!!

I want to know how to change the unit cap for some of the DME Austrian units. Currently I can only recruit 1 of these units in the campaign and would like to change it so I can recruit 30, 50 etc.

First- Can this be done, and how would I do it?
    Second- Will it mess up my game?
    Third- Yes I have other Mods installed.

Here is a list of the Units I want to change.

Thurheim Regiment
    Haller Regiment
    Wied regiment
    Deutschmeister Regiment
    Harsch Regiment
    Fusilier Regiment
    Salm-Salm
    Gyulai Regiment

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help. Thank you.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Default Re: How to change unit Cap in DME 8.1 Please Help!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcl1212 View Post
    I want to know how to change the unit cap for some of the DME Austrian units. Currently I can only recruit 1 of these units in the campaign and would like to change it so I can recruit 30, 50 etc.

First- Can this be done, and how would I do it?
    Second- Will it mess up my game?
    Third- Yes I have other Mods installed.

Here is a list of the Units I want to change.

Thurheim Regiment
    Haller Regiment
    Wied regiment
    Deutschmeister Regiment
    Harsch Regiment
    Fusilier Regiment
    Salm-Salm
    Gyulai Regiment

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help. Thank you.
    Provided the isn't a double up of the unit in another mod, It should be fairly easy
    Open mod with PFM, then open "db" scroll down to "units_tables" open that, click on the table that has the unit/s you're looking for, in the table on the right move along until you find a column that says "total_cap" and adjust the numbers in that column accordingly, save, and you're done

Civis

Yes, the units listed are part of the DME 8.1, not a separate download.

When I go to the PFM in the light unit editor on the DME launcher, where exactly is the mod that im suppose to be uploading, where do I go to. Also when I go to the PFM and error message comes up stating "unable to determine path to Napoleon Total War", I do not even have that game installed. Is there another way?

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Can't help you with the DME launcher as I don't use it

As for the PFM you may need to re -install it, this time pay particular attention to the install prompts
    as you will need to point the PFM to the correct directory for ETW.
    So when you do this there will be dialog box appear that say "Point to Location of NTW" etc etc
    one of the dialogs will be for ETW for example Please point to Location of ETW, when you get this dialog click on the Browse button and point it to where ETW is installed

This would usually be something like this, for example this is where ETW resides on my PC: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War

Now this Should sort out your PFM

Now once that is fixed and open you will need to look for the file the says "DME_darthmod.pack" (if it's not in that pack then you'll need to look through the other DME packs until you find it)
    and then follow the instructions for you that I posted for a previous post above

Civis

Thank you so much, I figured it out. You were a HUGE help, once again thank you

Respectfully bcl

PS. Do I need to back up any files, incase something would to go wrong. Just to be on the safe side, if so How?

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Always back-up. First, Second and Third rule of I.T. work is...Back-up and I would suggest the same rule for modding

What ever you are working on before you start, just make a copy of it and put it in a safe place like another folder just in case you make a mistake

Civis

Well I already changed the unit cap for some units without making a backup. Am I going to be Ok????? Is it to late? The game still works fine, and I wrote down everything I changed.
    Exactly where and how do I back up my files, where do I go??

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by bcl1212 View Post
    Well I already changed the unit cap for some units without making a backup. Am I going to be Ok????? Is it to late? The game still works fine, and I wrote down everything I changed.
    Exactly where and how do I back up my files, where do I go??
    No worries mate, it's all good, I didn't mean to panic you just more of a concept really

As for making a backup, just backup the individual file you're working on, so if you are working on DME_darthmod.pack then just back that up.
    Just make a new folder in the directory you are already in, to do this right click on some white space in the directory, scroll down to "new" another side menu will appear, click on the word "Folder" and a new folder will appear in that directory.
    Now to make your back-up of the file you're working on.
    Right click on the file and scroll down to copy, click on copy, open the new folder you just created, right click in some free space in the folder and scroll down to paste, click on paste and it will make a copy of the file you just copied

Civis

Onmy6

Everything works great. Thank you so much for helping.

Cheers.