Thread: [RELEASED] TW:A - Legions of Rome - WRE reskinned and modified

Default [RELEASED] TW:A - Legions of Rome - WRE reskinned and modified

Legions of Rome
    ===========

INTRODUCTION

This is a modification focusing on military units for Rome players. The current version only modifies WRE, and currently only modifies melee infantry. The aim is quasi-historical, but mostly it's made for my own pleasure . Suggest combining with this mod: Balanced Formation Stats

FEATURES

(1) Reskinned WRE units.

(2) Adjusted melee infantry stats.
    Roman infantry have heavy armour, good morale, good defence but subpar melee attack/charge. This favours defensive strategy and tactics which I believe is historical. Stats reflect Roman production and training capacity producing heavily armoured and disciplined infantry, who may have lacked raw and brutal Barbarian ferocity.

(3) Shield wall only available for Romans and a few elite Germanic/Nordic.
    Please combine with my Balanced Formation Stats mod for a shield wall that is effective against infantry, as well as more historical testudos. The purpose of this is to allow classic Roman legionary tactics. I always engage with a long line of cohorts in a big shield wall line.

(4) Three clear upgrade paths for main infantry representing field armies (Comitatenses), frontier troops (Limitanei) and elite imperial bodyguard (Palatina).
    i) Cohors -> Legio -> Legio Comitatenses are your main infantry. Heavily armoured, good at defence and holding the line in shield wall.
    ii) Limitanei -> Comitatenses Spears -> Auxilia Palatina -> Cornuti Seniors are your frontier spearmen. Cheap, good at defending chokepoints, can form a spear wall, but poorer damage potential. There are more barbarian faces in these units.
    iii) Palatina -> Protectores -> Armigeri -> Elite Palatina are your elite heavy shock legionaries. They are very heavily armoured with high charge. Quite expensive. I keep one legion of them around Italia as my Palatina with the emperor leading them.

(5) Changed Herculiani Seniores into the light role.
    Glass cannon infantry with very high charge and high melee. Good for flanking.

(6) Added javelins and improved melee ability for scout units.
    Exploratores and Praeventores are now armed with two javelins, and make effective general killers if you can get their positioning right.

IMAGES

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

PLANNED FEATURES

This mod is no where near finished. It's a personal mod, so I work on it as I play, and when I have time.
    - Unique garrison units (I don't like having random cohors appear as garrisons. Would rather have town militia / urban cohort type units everywhere).
    - Unique legions with own skins for regions and climates for role-playing purposes
    - Add new Feodorati and Auxilia units for different tribes
    - Reskin WRE cavalry and missile units
    - Extend all features to ERE (This may take a long while as I have yet to play ERE in campaign!)

DISCLAIMER

I've amassed thousands of hours on TW since Shogun. I've modded lots for personal use, but this is the first time I've published one, mainly because I only recently picked up Attila and the WRE campaign has BLOWN ME AWAY.
    The units are probably a bit OP - suggestions are seriously welcome as I suck at balancing!
    Expect bugs. Any other suggestions / feedback / ideas also seriously welcomed.
    Thanks and enjoy .

CREDITS

Last Roman HD helmet/armour textures by Celticus
    Roman Shield Patterns by Kraut and Tea
    Some shield textures from RTW2

Default Re: [RELEASED] TW:A - Legions of Rome - WRE reskinned and modified

Forgot to add the steam link to the mod and can't find an edit button .

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Hi joxang, congrats on the release! +rep

You'll gain the ability to edit your posts, once you've made a total of 25.

You are also welcome to use the Announcements thread to help spread the news of your mod here on TWC.

UPDATE 21.7.17: Added Scout Equites skin. Added custom unit cards to all reskinned units.