Thread: "Mod-ability" in Attila

Default "Mod-ability" in Attila

Hello guys,

As someone whos extensively modded shogun2, I've barely played much else, I did get Warhammer when it came out, but was sorely disappointed in it... i guess some of that would have to be with its lack of "modability"

So i know Med2 was very modder friendly, I think Shogun 2 ranked on the harder side? Maybe Rome 2 was a bit better than shogun2?
    These are my general takes on it. But i know nothing of Attila. I know Mr. Jox has a team making a pretty awesome LOTR mod for it though, and thats what kinda brought me over here. Im thinking maybe instead of updating my Shogun mod, I could bring it over here.

For any of you who may have experience with modding more than 1 titles,

What is your take on Attilas "mod-ablity" compared to other titles?
    Is it user friendly or are alot of things hard coded and still not accessible to players?

Thanks for you info and help.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: "Mod-ability" in Attila

I'll list all the stuff that I can think of that you can't mod (as far as I know)
    Music/Sound/Video
    You can't edit the music files, sound files or video files.

Campaign Map

a) You can't change the shape of the campaign map (so you have to keep the European map, or one of the DLC maps)
    b) You can't change the location of settlements
    c) You can't change which settlements have 6 building slots and which have 4

Here's some fancy Campaign Map stuff you can do.
    a) You can change the texture and environment of specific parts of the campaign map (eg ash clouds over a specific portion of the map or whatever)
    b) You can create horde factions which can't move, and function as city-states or just rebels blocking your path

I'd say there is quite a lot you can do in general, especially if you know how to script, but the stuff that REALLY increases immersion can't be changed and that really sucks. The moddability is similar to Rome 2, except in Rome 2 you COULD edit music and video files. I've only modded Shogun 2 once, so can't really comment on the difference.

Default Re: "Mod-ability" in Attila

Thanks dude, shogun2 you can mod the campaign map, and for my purposes I want to recreate china as a map ( like uanime5 did ), sooooo it looks as though attila would not work for me

really appreciate the intel though
    Last edited by Havie; July 20, 2017 at 06:11 PM.