Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help needed on my unit... (Vertices)

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Help needed on my unit... (Vertices)

Quote Originally Posted by xpoing View Post
    Sadly there aren't any pictures for the tutorial :/
    What tutorial?
    I gave you a link to a post that depicts the evolution of armor.
    That was not a tutorial.

Here is the picture for my explenation from above:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/szj1od8pik...guard.PNG?dl=0
    I see the picture and it corresponds to the 7th tier of armor in my post.
    Though the soldier in the image you provide does not have the plate leg pieces, the level and technology of equipment is the same.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

My friend xpoing.
    Even IF all modders/moddelers like Paleologos would try to help you you would be in point 0 soon enough again.
    I explain.
    Take Paleologos' example as he made it for you.
    Study it. By study it i mean see how he puts the model's groups , how he name them, how he add comments in each of them how he assign bones in the skeleton for each of them.
    Then START experimenting with the basic model.
    Create a new part on the texture and move part of the armor on it to create divercity. Dublicate and cut and paste parts to create new visual groups like helmets or armors etc.
    Read the tutorials carefully to see how you can apply all of your changes.
    Test your models again and again for hours untill you will find the one that will sutisfy you.
    None of us was born knowing how to do things.
    I remember my self thrying to help my team to speed up model production when I asked my teammates help and advices.
    But english is not a language i fully understand. So I stayed awake nights and nights before see my models running well in game.
    Before i make this tiny tutorial i spend nights experimenting again and again before my archers reach the standards i wanted them . Even after so much work I still need peoples help.
    Everyone does. That is why people like Paleologos, me and MANY OTHERS will continue to try to help you BUT 1st you must try hard and experiment.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Thank you for your help. Sadly I can't dl the files from "DepositFiles" without giving my phone number away...

I am aware that Paleologos is trying to help me as good as he can. I've studied a lot of the WOTW-files and managed to change shields, faces etc...
    I'm working on a modular system for my patches so that modelers with experience can help me out. I didn't knew that arms would be more complicated than heads with helmets.
    I want that the armor of the arms belong to a single group and is not merged with the group arms.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I want that the armor of the arms belong to a single group and is not merged with the group arms.
    Well if you had said just that from the beginning it would have been clear enough for me.
    I have just started a series of tutorials (Learn-on-the-job series, AKA "Holding a noob's hand through the woods").
    So far only one case is in, but I had decided that the 2nd case would be just what you need: How to separate/split groups to multiple constituents.
    I just don't think I'll be able to have that compiled tonight.
    Take a look at the first case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12