Thread: Attila unit types?

Default Attila unit types?

Are the team going to use the same/similar distinctions?
    As gamey as having dedicated sword units and melee/shock cavalry is I personally really like it
    Also are the team going to use the two handed lance animation? I've grown quite fond of it its almost as satisfying as the old me2 lance charge.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Attila unit types?

How else would you do the units other than set unit classes eg swordsmen, spearmen, archers, ect ect?

In terms of 2H Lance animations, do you mean these ones? They'll just be used for Shock Cavalry who don't have shields for whatever reasons, like the placeholder Haradhrim Lancers. Shock Cavalry with shields, eg Swan Knights, will use these animations which are a mixture of spear cavalry and shock cavalry animations.

Yeah those are the ones, the combined animations look great too. So will we be seeing slingers since I'm not sure they are mentioned anywhere in Tolkiens work

Laetus

I'm pretty sure that they are mentioned, Ori uses a slingshot in the movie (not sure if that's mentioned jn the book) and I think I read somewhere that Hobbits used them too, but I'm not sure about that either. But I don't think they would fit well to the mod because to me they seem like a useless in such a medieval time period.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by xTratex View Post
    I'm pretty sure that they are mentioned, Ori uses a slingshot in the movie (not sure if that's mentioned jn the book) and I think I read somewhere that Hobbits used them too, but I'm not sure about that either. But I don't think they would fit well to the mod because to me they seem like a useless in such a medieval time period.
    The slingshot isn't in the books that I know of; however Hobbits are mentioned as being quite dangerous rock-throwers. Building off of that, it would be interesting to incorporate slingshots even though they weren't mentioned. They would actually be useful against the majority of units that have little to no armor as long as the slingers were accurate.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

Slingers aren't the same as slingshots. Slingshot is like a tiny catapult. We'll add them in as an easter egg somewhere. We won't do Slingers as in slingers the Greeks used
    Rise of Mordor: a total overhaul mod for Total War: Atilla
    Writer, rosterer, lore-master and battle balancer for Rise of Mordor

'So do I, and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Laetus

So we will see some slingshots (slingshots are the Y - shaped thing, right?... at least that's how I got it now ) , definitely sounds interesting and I can't wait to see them at some point.

PS.: No idea, how i mixed the rock throwing thing up with slingshots. Now that you pointed it out Alkar I have no idea how I did so... even in the movies Merry & Pippin are throwing stones, while they are conquering Isengard on top of Treebeard or at Amon Hen.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    Slingers aren't the same as slingshots. Slingshot is like a tiny catapult. We'll add them in as an easter egg somewhere. We won't do Slingers as in slingers the Greeks used
    Slingers are better than saying slingshoters.

Quote Originally Posted by xTratex View Post
    So we will see some slingshots (slingshots are the Y - shaped thing, right?... at least that's how I got it now ) , definitely sounds interesting and I can't wait to see them at some point.

PS.: No idea, how i mixed the rock throwing thing up with slingshots. Now that you pointed it out Alkar I have no idea how I did so... even in the movies Merry & Pippin are throwing stones, while they are conquering Isengard on top of Treebeard or at Amon Hen.
    Yeah they were supposed to be extremely effective at it too.
    Last edited by Alkar; August 05, 2017 at 08:37 PM.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here