Thread: Possible Sound Bug Solution

Default Possible Sound Bug Solution

I've been having this annoying sound bug which makes disappear sound effects (voice, selection unit effects, footsteps, etc) randomly in the Campaign Map and sometimes also during battles (sounds of firing muskets, unit voices etc) after turns, after a battle, just randomly. Sometimes even caused me a CTD. Finally after lots of tinkering and messing around, I've made it work, no problems now, so I guess some people may find interesting how I made it work.

1. Uninstall NVIDIA HD Sound Driver or whatever the name is (if you have NVIDIA Sound Driver)
    2. Update Realtek HD Sound Drivers AND CODECS (Codecs from Realtek web page) Make sure you have Realtek as your default sound device.
    3. Set in-game Audio Options to: Windows Default, Sound Variation LARGE, Channels 128, Memory 100mbs.

I found that the game SAVES this audio configuration and everything works perfectly.

Hope this helps!

Default Re: Possible Sound Bug Solution

Can confirm this also fixes sound stuttering and making all sort of mechanical noise. Culprit is the NVIDIA HD Sound Driver, so disable it in HW control panel and uninstall it.