Thread: MoS FoTS Development and Recruiting

Default MoS FoTS Development and Recruiting

Hello, I'll be posting of future developments around MoS FoTS.

Right now the mod is really stable and is quite well developed. As always balance could improve, so i'm counting on you to report issues here. Consider that as i'm reworking MoS Sengoku I'll be not spending much time in FoTS.

In future updates i want to:
    1) Add 2 port towns battlefilds and 1 fields battlefield
    2) Add sabre scabbards
    3) Resking units

I'll take care about point 1 in the long run, as maps are really time consuming. But around point 2 and 3 help would be amazing.

So RECRUITING NOW:
    3D MODELER: I need you to make an scabbard, with quality near to the katana one. The model needs to be placed in its own file as the main weapon file is being use with other models and cannot be replaced (Thank you in advance).
    SKINNER: I need you to improve the units skins, if possible making them more historical, and avoiding to increase too much the mod weight. Also it's desirable to avoid too bright colours as they look unnatural. The skinning aplies to all units less foreigners.
    (Thank you in advance)

Default Re: MoS FoTS Development and Recruiting

Also if it's possible, have a native English speaker go through your descriptions and correct spelling errors and fix wording. I don't want to cr@p on your work, it's truly excellent - I think that some descriptions are a little hard to understand fully only because this is such a complex rework that requires deep understanding. I consider it comparable to Divide et Impera for Rome 2 in terms of the complexity and commitment to more historical realism, which I truly love. Given they're a long-standing, skilled, high performing team, you're doing an incredible job by holding most of this up with the resources you have.

Thanks for saying so. It took me a good amount of time to develop. I'm not going to lie, i know i can somehow defend myself when it comes to english but I'm not at the level of a game company. Some help would be nice in a lot of aspects. I still have ideas and things to polish. Currently have been 2 months since the last time i released a patch, kind of taking a rest. So yes, if someone could pick the job as a whole (finding propper phrases and replace them in the files so i just have to upload them) it would be great.

It's all good bud - the most important aspect a mod can have is that it moves forward and doesn't die on the vine. Take the rest you need. I would say you have a lot to be proud of here. You're attempting the 'realistic' route - the most nitpicky, difficult to convey, research-intensive route a mod can go.

On the english thing - it's good, I can play it fine as a native english speaker. You have nothing to be ashamed of there. It's just sometimes descriptions are written that can be taken multiple ways or unclear - its more of a polish thing so it's all good man.

I highly recommend though you open up a dialogue between yourself and the DeI team or at least play their mod and cast an eye over their development thread to understand what has driven their approaches in the chase of realism in a TW game and unit design. As someone who's played each TW game and multiple mods for each - DeI smashed the competition in the realism stakes. So they're just a great example that might provide synergy given your own mod's vision.

Definitely NOT suggesting that you can't do it on your own, just a friendly tip that may spark an idea you had been cooking yourself or maybe solve a problem you hadn't been able to solve yourself. I understand though that Rome 2 and Shogun 2 are different games in campaign map structure and thus you may find only some solutions that fit.

One thing I've learned is that TWC is actually a pretty incredible community.