Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Historical Family System (Rome & Carthage)

Default Re: [Submod] Historical Family System

I just hope that one day I'll see a working solution for Rome and Carthage^^
    Keep up the great work guys <3

I am working on some submods for Rome and Carthage. You will have to select them based on which family you choose to play.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

That would be freakin epic!
    Finally time to unlock the Caesar in me

Well, sadly the famous Caesar won't be until 600 or so turns in But there are other caesars in his family line...

You can also use SaveParser to edit your generals in game, since you can make an use of a vast of portraits/models from the game; Caesar, Augustus, ect..
    you can make your own historical- or dream-character (also for other factions in the current playhtrough), I use this a lot for additional RPG feeling

Added a steam version for the mod. Its technically useable with vanilla but its designed to be used with DeI obviously.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I am working on some submods for Rome and Carthage. You will have to select them based on which family you choose to play.
    Sounds good.

Added Rome versions of the submod. Only choose one of these, depending on which family you play. For this submod, the Roman families are back and have replaced the normal DeI political parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Added Rome versions of the submod. Only choose one of these, depending on which family you play. For this submod, the Roman families are back and have replaced the normal DeI political parties.
    Forgive me if it's a stupid question (currently reinstalling R2 for this now that there's a faster battle submod) but which family matches which political party? Is it just a case of "like for like" ie the family icons and names have changed but are otherwise in the same order on the faction selection screen? Thanks!

EDIT: apologies, after rereading your post it sounds as though the mod makes it so that they show as family names vs political parties.....if that's the case are the faction/house traits more or less the same as Vanilla? Just so I know which one to go for in terms of faction traits. Thanks!!

Great work for the Romans^^
    @Dresden btw could you post the list of available characters currently in the mod again? Knowing what to expect from each family would make testing the submod much easier imo.

@Aenima Basically they kept the same faction traits as normal DeI so equites = cornelia, patricians = junia and nobiles = julia if I remember correctly.

@hoho sure, I will edit them back in.

Thanks Dresden!

So this is probably not a bug, but to be honest it's the most horrifying artwork for any new character I've got so far in this submod
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

btw I was thinking; I know Marius is not a Julii per say, but he was married to Julius Caesar's aunt and was thought to be quite in the inspiration for him. And since the current familial relations in Rome II are more of membership in political parties than actual families, Marius would be an awesome addition that I know many would love to RP as, especially since he was also a Populares as other julii.
    Last edited by hoho96; August 07, 2017 at 12:27 PM.

Yeah, maybe someone to add in the future. Unfortunately a lot of the more famous people are toward the much much later timeframe and wont be seen by the vast majority of players.

That image was my way of showing the idea of Roman ancestor funeral masks, something young romans would aspire to add their legend to.

Qba's Avatar Biarchus

Is it savegame-compatible?
    Vae Victis!

Yes it is.

@Dresden To be honest it's a bit frustrating to wait 200+ turns to get some of the "cooler" characters. But still, people who RP and follow a semi-historically reasonable expansion through the the years would be well rewarded.

And about the funeral masks, yeah you might want to bring it back to the drawing board^^

Yes it is.

@Dresden To be honest it's a bit frustrating to wait 200+ turns to get some of the "cooler" characters. But still, people who RP and follow a semi-historically reasonable expansion through the the years would be well rewarded.

And about the funeral masks, yeah you might want to bring it back to the drawing board^^

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Hey Dresden, thanks for these mods - they really provide an extra layer of immersion to the grand campaign! However, I've got some questions:

In these mods, are the spawned general's appearances random, or do they spawn with a specific variant (e.g. 'Gaius Julius Caesar' uses the same appearance as seen in Caesar in Gaul)?
    2. I know you said it's not possible to spawn characters without player interaction through dilemmas, but isn't it possible to spawn a character for a different faction (e.g. Hannibal for Carthage, while playing as Rome) with that same dilemma system? If so, you could potentially have messages popping up which notifies you of a new character popping up somewhere else, with your only reply option being something like "Good to know." which confirms the spawn. However, that would be a lot more dilemmas to respond to during the course of the campaign.
    3. Is it possible to spawn campaign agent characters in the same manner (e.g. Marcus Tullius Cicero as a dignitary on a specific turn)?
    4. Somewhat related to this mod, but - theoretically - do you know if it is possible to prevent a family member from leading an army or navy / marry until a certain age requirement is met? I definitely know it's possible to prevent a promotion before an age requirement is met.
    Last edited by Benjin; August 08, 2017 at 01:25 PM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

1 - Right now they spawn with random appearances
    2 - I don't know, I don't think there is a way to have a dilemma spawn a character from another faction into another faction
    3 - Possibly, I have never tried it. I don't know if that payload exists in the game and where the agent would go (generals go to the statesman screen)
    4 - I don't think you can prevent army leadership, at least not that I know of. Maybe somehow through scripts possibly.

NONOPUST's Avatar Primicerius

Just played about 170 turns as Makedon and everyone spawned correctly. Philip V did have this included in his welcoming message:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

but it might just be a weird UI glitch as everything else was fine. Not sure if I'll continue this campaign until Perseus as I am kind of bored. Might do a Basileioi Skythai with this submod instead.

Love this! Thanks Dresden

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast