Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017/18 Football Transfer Thread

Default Re: 2017/18 Football Transfer Thread

Yeah and since you lost Sanchez you will need some back up in attack. Still I think it was a good deal considering circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Arsenal transfer team are in Germany now, previous record isn't great but we've got Sven Mislintat in the squad and he brought Aubameyang to BVB. We'll know in the next couple of days, possibly tomorrow..
    congratz. Good scorer, best thing about him is that he's never injured. But if he doesn't score, expect to play with 10 men. He's also not good enough to go up against the elite of European defenses.

Good thing he's finally gone. Still can't fathom how quickly the club is falling apart.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    congratz. Good scorer, best thing about him is that he's never injured. But if he doesn't score, expect to play with 10 men. He's also not good enough to go up against the elite of European defenses.

Good thing he's finally gone. Still can't fathom how quickly the club is falling apart.
    Well see how he does and if Wenger plays him and Lacazette together. Not many teams play two up front these days but maybe in a three if Auba and Laca can play off the wings. As a lone striker I fear he'll do no better than Laca.

Ramsey seems to be doing fine these days Wilshere as well.
    Who do you think will be the best signing of the winter?
    http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer-deals
    My money is on Van Dijk.
    From players signed this winter I think these ones will make an impact in their clubs:
    Sturridge, Andre Ayew, Guido Carillo, Kenedy, Islam Slimani, Sanchez, Walcott/Tosun, Giroud, Barkley, Ulloa, Locadia,Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang.

Premier League clubs were overly active in this session. I'm going wiht Alexis Sanchez, Aubameyang and Barkley. I actually think Van Dijk won't do as well as he did at Southampton. It wouldn't even be the first time Liverpool gets scammed from down there.

Blog Entries

Yeh, expectation on Van Djik might be a bit over the top due to his fee. He's good, but is he one of the best CB's in the world.. That's what they need to get that defence working, so far not a great start..

Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang - They'll do well if Wenger plays them in a formation that works for them, that's a bigger 'if' than it should be.

Walcott looked on fire in his first game, he's still only 28 so could do really well at Everton.

Giroud, Barkley. Not sure what's going on at Chelsea right now, Oli can score goals anywhere, Barkley looked shell shocked against Arsenal..

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Van Dijk was a poor signing. He's a good CB, but for 75M you expect more than just a good CB. Best signing? Aubameyang. He was actually cheaper than Van Dijk!

I look back a few years ago, when Mangala was the most paid CB of all times, where's he now? Was he worthy, at any point, the sum they paid for him? No.

Blog Entries

On loan at Everton. To be fair Pep demands a lot from his CB's. Same with Wenger. A lot of attacks from City (and Le Arse) start around the halfway line with the CB's bringing the ball out. A few years ago CB's just gave the ball to the midfield to build up play. Mangala wasn't a terrible defender, he just wasn't very good at everything else.

As there isn't a thread for this season , I'm going to hijack this one .
    As an Everton fan I'm hoping for at least 2 strikers .
    Can anyone tell me how Dolberg is getting on ? I haven't seen him at all this season but he looked like a player who would adapt to English football .
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

Blog Entries

10 league goals this season. Averaging a goal every two games. Not bad, not great but highly rated for his age (21). Might be too soon for a move to the PL or could be worth a punt.

You’ve had an odd season, squad full of players who were highly rated but didn’t quite fulfill their potential. Great one week, awful the next...

Silva inherited a squad full of average players on massive wages . Cenk and Walcott for example . We can't sell our deadwood as they are on extortionate wages . So they are being sent out on loan with only a fraction of the wages being paid
    That's hamstrung us when it comes to FFP .
    I can see what Silva wants to do but he can't adapt when the players he has can follow his instructions . Only Pickford and Gana have been consistent although personally I love 2 of our loanees . Zouma in particular . Gomes has the ability to be our best all round midfielder but is wildly inconsistent . So handsome though

How do you think you have done this season overall ? A strange time for your team .
    and Future Filmmaker

Blog Entries

We're way ahead of where most Gooners thought we'd be. Injuries hit us hard and scuppered Emery's plans for a chunk of the season, but players have come back and others have stepped up. We're fourth, a point behind the Spuds and two ahead of Utd with (on paper) by far the easiest run in, and we've started to hit form again. So really can't complain.

Gomes is very handsome, he's also pushing for a move to the Spuds...

I'd be a tad upset if he ended up at Tottenham , too much competition in their midfield .

I like Emery . He's a fascinating coach and has had an equally interesting career . I also enjoy watching his teams play . I think 4th would be a good finish when you compare the teams above you . Will be interesting to see what sort of war chest he will get this summer . He's gonna need quite a bit to be competitive next season . I was never a fan of Arsenal because of the George Graham years and utter jealousy of the invincibles . I really do miss watching Bergkamp as a neutral . And Perry Groves , naturally .
    and Future Filmmaker

Blog Entries

4th would be fine, 3rd would be amazing. Emery’s been low key this season, while pundits and the media were just waiting for us to drop off and it hasn’t happened yet. Finishing ahead of the Spuds would shut a lot of mouths.

GG always a hero in my eyes, we were poor when he took over and he brought back the title, twice. 89 is legendary.

I had a soft spot for Everton under Moyes, physically strong no nonsense side that should have done better. If they got the right man in after him they could have pushed top 4.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Noble Savage View Post
    As there isn't a thread for this season , I'm going to hijack this one .
    As an Everton fan I'm hoping for at least 2 strikers .
    Can anyone tell me how Dolberg is getting on ? I haven't seen him at all this season but he looked like a player who would adapt to English football .
    He hasn't been great this season. Ajax have played some fantastic football on occasion but he wasn't a part of it, Ten Hag favours a front three of Ziyech, Tadic, Neres in the Champions League and that has worked wonderfully. When he does come on he doesn't add much in my opinion, he isn't even clearly above a 35 year old Huntelaar. But he is only 21 and of course still a talented lad so he's still one to keep an eye on.

Moyes done a great job with limited resources and I would of loved to see him with our new owner's money however money didn't do much for Moyes in the Utd job.
    The trouble I have with GG is that dour football he played and he wasn't the most media savvy . He also bought the world's luckiest striker , Smudger. I hated him more than any other player until Chapman joined Leeds. Saying all that , you had Limpar and Groves. Limpar is a cult hero at Goodison. It was good to see you win the league in the " Michael Thomas " game. Liverpool heads were falling off everywhere. Loved that .

Thanks for the update lolsuck. I thought he looked the business last season and although he looks like he has had an average season , he's still young. If I was a manager in the Everton/West Ham / Newcastle bracket , I would still take a chance and he wouldn't be expensive.
    and Future Filmmaker

Blog Entries

Anniversary Rocky Rocastle's passing today. One of GG's best and always remembered.

Graham's era was defined by 1-0 to the Arsenal, but considering he was a defender himself that made sense.. In Wenger's wake it's often forgotten how Graham transformed the squad and brought through a lot of youngsters. Rocky, Paul Davies, Adams, Merson, Parlour to name a few. Two league titles, an FA cup and a cup winners cup, we can almost forgive him for managing the Spuds...

Good win for your lot yesterday, Whammers didn't show up but your lads battered them, should have scored a couple more though.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post

Good win for your lot yesterday, Whammers didn't show up but your lads battered them, should have scored a couple more though.
    I'm glad they didn't
    I'm quite dissapointed about the performance this season, we've been so near 7th so many times and then cocked it. We lost to Cardiff, drew Liverpool and we're probably going to beat United tomorrow, and then lose to Southampton when we face them.

And that's the West Ham Way™
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

Perfect time to play Utd, they'll have one eye on second leg against Barca. You might well nick a win up there.

Everton, ffs... Our away form has been shocking, it makes no sense at all how poor we are away from home...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast