Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, a new Roman Total War

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: So, a new Roman Total War

Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat1990 View Post
    I thought they had 3 projects of historical games being developed.
    1. DLC for a Recent Total War.
    2. Another Full Historical Total War Game.
    3. The newly introduced Total War Sagas series.
    I was just not counting the next historical game as that really far future and that game was on the drawboard long time ago. These other two projects are simply something not originally planned....

If you're reffering to the Total War Saga Announcement blog post, they've used backgrounds before and they've meant nothing, all just for looks.
    You are right. We have no idea if blurry map is related to any of these projects. But one thing is usre. The map is not from Attila of any Attila´s current minicampaign. I checked all maps ingame. At the same time it is pretty much campaign map with Attila style graphics... :-)

Total War Sagas is supposed to be multiple games, they want it to be something similar to Attila's content (Amount of Units, Graphics etc.)
    Right again. Multiple games. Or more likely in ten years we will see more of saga style games ...my thinking was more about if in case of success we will see more saga games for Rome 2 / Attila generation or if next will probably happenfor next historical game. This is of course just speculation. Empire has Napoleon (famous person expansion), Shogun has FotS (which would be now labeled Saga) and Rome 2 has again Attila (which is another person)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddon View Post
    You keep saying this, this "makes more business sense" because more people are playing Rome 2, but you are missing a key thing I have pointed out repeatedly; the Roman era, from mid-Republic to ~Constantine or so, is WAY WAY more popular than the fall of Rome. People are playing the ERA more than the GAME, I think.

I read this to mean quite possibly a second grand campaign, just like they did for Rome 2, to breathe new life into Attila. Rome 2 was faltering like hell when they made the Imperium update, fixed quite a few things and brought some much needed life to the game. I think it makes much more business sense to attempt the same on Attila, rather than add a DLC for a game 5 years old.
    I must admit this point of view is also interesting. Larger campaign pack for Attila and standalone for R2....but for now we simply dont have enough info.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Wanted to post this in case people didn't know about it.

http://imgur.com/a/IhWPO

It's some pre production art for the flash point/sagas game they're developing.

Alexander Confirmed.

Hmmmm, where have I seen that chestplate before...
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...oy-achille.jpg

Totally Brad Pitt's Achilles from that awful Troy movie. The two female helmet designs look like Athena to me. Looks like we're getting a mythology-inspired Troy: Total War.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks to me like Arena is getting an update.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Problem with Troy is we have no idea how they fought. Seemingly with spears, but they weren't hoplites yet. Chariots probably, but no idea what kind of tactics were used with those chariots. Not the slightest clue of what the military structure of the time was. Or honestly even if there was a Trojan War, or possibly just Trojan Buncha Skirmishes and Siege.

I think Arena update art is more likely. Possibly art that was intended to be used, but was scrapped, and was thus allowed "leaked" to throw us off?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12