Thread: Rome II End Turn Crash

Default Rome II End Turn Crash

Hey guys,

So I'm currently playing a campaign with Athens on Legendary and every single time I end my turn it crashes on the Arverni's turn. In game it doesn't matter what I do, it still crashes. I've scoured the internet for a solution and have tried a) verifying the game cache b) a reinstall of the game c) deleting every pack file and reenabling the mods im using (a bunch of radious mods, 2 turns per year and toads character and traits mod) then verifying the cache. I'm out of ideas at this point and I guess I'm ready to call it quits here, other save game files from other campaigns work flawlessly so I have a feeling that somehow this save file got corrupted or something. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Rome II End Turn Crash

Ok, standard problem. In main campaign I have similar problem with Parthia.

My solution is very unsatisfying but works for me. I have identified that the game craches in my case are somehow connected to faction economics.

1. Install EditSF
    2. Find your faction and change its treasury to -90000.

AI won't be able to make its actions (spy actions? recruitment? building?) that causes crashes, because it would not have money. Now I try to identify which actions precisely cause the crashes. Do you know any tools which may help with debugging RTW2? I mean, I want to spy on every AI action and save it into a "crash file". If I'd know, what's the problem, I'd simply create new mod which disables problematic unit/building/action instead of taking of all the money for problematic faction.