Thread: Can't use officers on Dragon Mounts, but it worked on the dragons in your mod?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Can't use officers on Dragon Mounts, but it worked on the dragons in your mod?

Hello. i am trying to mount Daenarys Stormborn on a Dragon mount - but the game CTD:s and it states elephants cannot have officers?

I know your Dragons work so i was wondering how can i solve this?
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Can't use officers on Dragon Mounts, but it worked on the dragons in your mod?

I managed to get them mountable by making them Horses..

But then there are two other problems:

1. They are too many - they should only be three but seems like the minimum number is eleven? Anything below 4 soldiers in the EDU causes a CTD..

2. The rider offset is off and how do one adjust that?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-07-07 12-29-53-558.jpg   kingdoms 2017-07-07 12-29-56-692.jpg   kingdoms 2017-07-07 12-30-29-442.jpg  
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Default Re: Can't use officers on Dragon Mounts, but it worked on the dragons in your mod?

Well the dragon in BOTET have been converted to elephants hence the small number allowed in a unit. If you make them cav on large unitsize you are going to get to many dragons per unit. Elephants cant have officers as you learned from the ctd. If you are trying to get danny on her dragon as a "custom unit" its not gonna work, either have her factions captin model be danny so in custom battle she will show up if elephant dragons are brought as the general unit. otherwise she will have to be a named character on the campaign with the elephant dragon as her bodyguard. Oh descr_mount for the rider position 0.5, 1.1, 1.2 first is "left to right" middle "up and down" last number is "forward and back".

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    Well the dragon in BOTET have been converted to elephants hence the small number allowed in a unit. If you make them cav on large unitsize you are going to get to many dragons per unit. Elephants cant have officers as you learned from the ctd. If you are trying to get danny on her dragon as a "custom unit" its not gonna work, either have her factions captin model be danny so in custom battle she will show up if elephant dragons are brought as the general unit. otherwise she will have to be a named character on the campaign with the elephant dragon as her bodyguard. Oh descr_mount for the rider position 0.5, 1.1, 1.2 first is "left to right" middle "up and down" last number is "forward and back".
    Hey, thanks for your reply - when i tried making dany the captain she just wouldn't show up on the Dragon. It seems if the Dragons are elephants then the captains/generals won't show up.

I could try with the horses and see if i could fix the rider position - but then they will obviously me more in number than just three dragons.

Do you have any clue as to why the captain won't show when they are elephants?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-07-07 19-53-28-041.jpg   kingdoms 2017-07-07 19-53-29-710.jpg  

- The Havamal