Thread: Small Question about Sabaeans

Decanus

Default Small Question about Sabaeans

Hi. I just installed this mod on my machine for the first time. Years ago, I used to play an absolute TON of EB1. In fact I still do since it has such a great feel. Very excited about this, however. I've been dipping my toe in the water with a Saba campaign in the Yemen area as they were one of my favorites in EB1 (next to Baktria and Epeiros).

Part of the best thing about the EB series is the excellent scripting for historical events and dynamics. How "finished" is Saba in terms of that sort of thing? Basically I'm getting the messages about the local alliances and Himyar and evil Qataban. It sounds like great stuff to make the game area more interesting. Will there be big important scripts coming in the next update, or is Saba settled for the time being? Just curious to know before I get too invested.

Thanks!

Default Re: Small Question about Sabeans

Saba is done for now, though they have new units in 2.3, which don't appear in 2.2r.

Decanus

More Ethiopian units perhaps? Maybe the Saba medium cavalry from EB1?

There are several more Ethiopian units to come, but not for 2.3.

The only Sabaean cavalry will be a late noble unit.

Decanus

Sweet.

Spata provided us with unit-based family/general portraits for Saba/Nabatea, which should help immersion tremendously. Like all graphics updates, it will be part of v2.3 (assuming I finally get them integrated...)
    EBII Council