Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Total War Saga - A New Direction for Total War Historical Games

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Total War Saga - A New Direction for Total War Historical Games

I'm really interested in seeing what they do with this, I always enjoyed N:TW and the smaller focused Shogun 2 campaigns like RotS. I hope for the first one they focus on a period they haven't done before just so we something a bit different.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    The runup to the Norman conquest would fit the bill, I suppose, as would the reign of Alfred the Great.
    Alfred the Great it is...
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I'm not as fond of such a concept simply because one of the things that intrigued me about the older total wars was the flexibility and room for imagination. A detailed story is all well and good, but I do not play total war to follow a set storyline, which is what strikes me as more of the idea of the Sega line.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    I'm not as fond of such a concept simply because one of the things that intrigued me about the older total wars was the flexibility and room for imagination. A detailed story is all well and good, but I do not play total war to follow a set storyline, which is what strikes me as more of the idea of the Sega line.
    There is a fine line between having a story line and having a list of missions that must be fulfilled. I know that looking back on Shogun (yes, this is looking way back) there was almost no story line. There was a story line however since the factions had certain advantages aligned to the faction. By Med2 this was pretty much lost. I hope that this restores a bit of the story line to the game system. You may be correct though. Sigh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12