Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Religion and Logics

Default Re: Religion and Logics

Just because you can't comprehend something, Chris, doesn't mean it is incomprehensible. It's perfectly comprehensible for 96% of the population. I see no reason why 1-4% of the population should hold everyone else hostage. Religion is as widespread in humanity as language is. It's probably genetic too ya know.

When an individual can't understand language, we do not say language is an unnecessary, stupid human construct. We say that that individual has a malfunction of sort. So it is with the spiritual. Why are you unable to understand that life and people have worth and a purpose? Everyone else gets it. It's obvious, mate.
    Best ever description of the Mudpit.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    This is what radicalization looks like, when someone dwells rather too long in the darkest recesses of online bigotry and feels the need to project this filth on others as if they were the honeyed words of some messiah guru or mahdhi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    Just because you can't comprehend something, Chris, doesn't mean it is incomprehensible. It's perfectly comprehensible for 96% of the population. I see no reason why 1-4% of the population should hold everyone else hostage. Religion is as widespread in humanity as language is. It's probably genetic too ya know.

When an individual can't understand language, we do not say language is an unnecessary, stupid human construct. We say that that individual has a malfunction of sort. So it is with the spiritual. Why are you unable to understand that life and people have worth and a purpose? Everyone else gets it. It's obvious, mate.
    If there was a price for highest concentration of fallacies in one post, you'd get it. False analogy, argument ad populum, false dilemma, jumping to conclusion...and you fit it all in few lines. Congratulations!

chriscase's Avatar Princess Thunderballs
    Civitate

What makes you think that I don't value life? Or that I fail to comprehend "the spiritual"?

basics's Avatar Praeses

chriscase,

I guess the only answer to all the doubters is that the proof of the pudding is in the eating. For anyone to say there is no God because one cannot see Him is just as silly as saying because we cannot see pain it doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    If there was a price for highest concentration of fallacies in one post, you'd get it. False analogy, argument ad populum, false dilemma, jumping to conclusion...and you fit it all in few lines. Congratulations!
    Just saying "fallacy" over and over again isn't an argument, dude. A fallacy is an error in reasoning/argumentation, but I wasn't even making any arguments, just stating my opinion. Only an argument can be fallacious. A simple statement can't be fallacious.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscase View Post
    What makes you think that I don't value life? Or that I fail to comprehend "the spiritual"?
    Oh I know you do, Chris. Everyone is religious. "Atheists" make the mistake of thinking that because they don't follow any organized or popular religion, that it means they aren't religious at all. But everyone has some personal religious beliefs. They just might not be consciously aware of it. (If I had a dollar for every time an irreligious person said "religion is immoral", I'd have a billion dollars.) Nobody is really atheist.

Last edited by Dr. Legend; November 18, 2017 at 08:03 AM.
    Best ever description of the Mudpit.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    This is what radicalization looks like, when someone dwells rather too long in the darkest recesses of online bigotry and feels the need to project this filth on others as if they were the honeyed words of some messiah guru or mahdhi.

chriscase's Avatar Princess Thunderballs
    Civitate

Oh I know you do, Chris. Everyone is religious. "Atheists" make the mistake of thinking that because they don't follow any organized or popular religion, that it means they aren't religious at all. But everyone has some personal religious beliefs. They just might not be consciously aware of it. (If I had a dollar for every time an irreligious person said "religion is immoral", I'd have a billion dollars.) Nobody is really atheist.
    You assert the equivalence between a code of morality and the unfounded assertion of supernatural claims as if they were one and the same. These two things have no necessary relationship, though you are no doubt going to proclaim their marriage as an accomplished fact. In reality it's more like organized religion has abducted human decency and holds it captive, then points to its subjugation as if it were evidence of the "natural order of things".

basics's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by chriscase View Post
    You assert the equivalence between a code of morality and the unfounded assertion of supernatural claims as if they were one and the same. These two things have no necessary relationship, though you are no doubt going to proclaim their marriage as an accomplished fact. In reality it's more like organized religion has abducted human decency and holds it captive, then points to its subjugation as if it were evidence of the "natural order of things".
    chriscase,

The natural order of things is under the power of sin and religion helps bolster that power. That has been obvious ever since religion stepped foot on this planet, but what God had in mind was the opposite to religion by coming to this planet as Jesus Christ the Saviour. We can read of that opposition that He had for religion and how He fought against it thus causing the crucifixion.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13