Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bugs and CTDs reporting

Default Bugs and CTDs reporting

I let the campaign run for almost 2 days non stop without a single CTD but since the beta is out mainly for playtesting you all could make me a HUGE favour to post here your game log when it happened to CTD so I can have a look into them and fix the eventual problems/bugs.

The game log file is usually located unsurprisingly in the \Log dir in the main game folder.

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Bugs and CTDs reporting

Very nice work Re Brengario I!!

but i have a problem with your mod....
    Sometimes the game crush and appears an error message "Medieval 2: Total war encountered an unspecified error and now will exit".

It seem it happen when eretics and inquisitors start walking in my territories.

I play with:
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7200
    Nvidia Ge force go 7900 gtx (512mb)
    1 Gb ram

Please help me.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianooo View Post
    Very nice work Re Brengario I!!

but i have a problem with your mod....
    Sometimes the game crush and appears an error message "Medieval 2: Total war encountered an unspecified error and now will exit".

It seem it happen when eretics and inquisitors start walking in my territories.

I play with:
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7200
    Nvidia Ge force go 7900 gtx (512mb)
    1 Gb ram

Please help me.
    Machine specifications can't help as if crashes were related to them it'd
    be a CA bug fixing affair, not mine.

I need the log file of your campaign at the moment of the crash instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    Machine specifications can't help as if crashes were related to them it'd
    be a CA bug fixing affair, not mine.

I need the log file of your campaign at the moment of the crash instead.

Thanks Re Berengario I.....
    I know that it' s not an hardware problem.

Now i found the right time when it crash... and it' s when an inquisitor try to attack a general. i restart the last autosave game and it happen every times!!

Then you go to you Medieval 2 diectory now an open the system.log, copy all the text and post it here. Thats the only way Berengario can help you!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Trottelhirn View Post
    Then you go to you Medieval 2 diectory now an open the system.log, copy all the text and post it here. Thats the only way Berengario can help you!
    Even easier, he can attach the file in the post using the marvellous tools this forum has. It's the one with the icon depicting a clip.

I'm also getting more CTD during the AI's move (within the first 10-15 turns). I've had it crashed during the rebel turn when it's moving a ship (or it could be at the end of the rebel and transitioning to mine).
    I've had crashes (twice -- repeatable from the same save game) when moving my mouse cursor over a hungarian stack.

from my system log (shortened):
    ... [edited -- more entries before this but the timestamp is way before the crash]
    11:47:19.531 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/014.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    11:47:19.531 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/014.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    11:47:19.531 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/027.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    11:47:19.531 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/027.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    11:50:55.156 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/084.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    11:50:55.156 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/084.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    11:51:46.125 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Please post your COMPLETE log file as an attachment here. Use the clip icon in the post tools you get using "add reply" to do it.

Sorry
    I cant seem to locate the "clip" icon to insert the text file. All i found was the "insert link" (the globe with the clip).

Quote Originally Posted by cima View Post
    Sorry
    I cant seem to locate the "clip" icon to insert the text file. All i found was the "insert link" (the globe with the clip).

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Log file attached, getting hang on campaign start.
    Last edited by ♔ST0MPA♔; April 10, 2010 at 11:32 AM.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    Log file attached, getting hang on campaign start.
    15:52:04.875 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_timurids.tga is missing
    15:52:04.875 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_FE.tga is missing
    15:52:04.875 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/base/map_timurids.tga is missing
    15:52:04.921 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_normans.tga is missing
    15:52:04.921 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_FE.tga is missing
    15:52:04.921 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/base/map_normans.tga is missing
    15:52:04.921 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_saxons.tga is missing
    15:52:04.921 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_FE.tga is missing
    15:52:04.921 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/base/map_saxons.tga is missing
    15:52:04.921 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_slave.tga is missing
    15:52:04.921 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/base/map_slave.tga is missing
    15:52:04.937 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_england.tga is missing
    15:52:05.062 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_england.tga is missing
    15:52:07.734 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rwm is missing
    15:52:07.734 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/base/map.rwm is missing
    15:52:07.734 [system.io] [warning] open: AD/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_battle.txt is missing

You didn't copy some files from the rar archive or you copied them in the wrong place.

For whatever reason the "attach" option does not show up on my editor.
    Anyway... I'm basically CTD-ing on every campaign I've started with your mod. 3 campaigns on 0.9 release and then 2 on 0.91 have all CTD eventually during the AI move phase.

As a disclaimer, I'm combining your mod with Darth's combat/movement, Orientiss' V&V and the Ultimate AI mods...

here's the systems log file... uploaded to TWC

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1004

Quote Originally Posted by cima View Post
    For whatever reason the "attach" option does not show up on my editor.
    Anyway... I'm basically CTD-ing on every campaign I've started with your mod. 3 campaigns on 0.9 release and then 2 on 0.91 have all CTD eventually during the AI move phase.

As a disclaimer, I'm combining your mod with Darth's combat/movement, Orientiss' V&V and the Ultimate AI mods...

here's the systems log file... uploaded to TWC

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1004
    You can't find the clip because you're using "Quick Reply" instead then the button "ADD REPLY" on the left.

Anyway from your log file it seems there's some misconfiguration in your mod switch and/or folders. Follow the instructions I gave, make sure AD is running fine and just then add other modifications but beware that if you don't know what the various files are doing you can suffer CTDs at every moment.

I dont know m8, I really cant get this to work. I can manage to get every single other mod to work, but not this. Consistant hang and freeze trying to start a campaing or custom battle.
    Why then is it, when I unzip the archive I see an AD folder with data folder inside. no readme or launcher. I figure at least that this whole mod could be dropped into, lets say for arguments DLV. and it would replace the map, giving me extra regions, especialy Canterbury, the one I want. Alas no it dosent work for me that easy, nor will it work if I create a folder called AD, drop the entire contents of the vanilla data folder into it, then paste AD data folder into it, copy config, rename AD add line [features] mod = AD create a batch file Launch_AD.bat delete map.rmw. the game starts ok but try to start a campaign and it hangs.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Sometimes it will take a while for the game to load up on a new campaign. If it hangs in terms of:

Select faction, click start campaign, game stops, music plays, campaign screen still there, cursor spinning -> wait five minutes, first time you load the mod it will take a while, subsequent times, it loads in 2 seconds.

If it hangs as in:

Select faction, click start, screen goes black and you CTD -> you are missing the fmv folder from data. Copy and paste data/fmv into AD/data because that contains the faction intro videos which in this case are missing.

If neither of these works, try a clean install and follow Ber's install instructions or see my thread.

I dont know m8, I really cant get this to work. I can manage to get every single other mod to work, but not this. Consistant hang and freeze trying to start a campaing or custom battle.
    Why then is it, when I unzip the archive I see an AD folder with data folder inside. no readme or launcher. I figure at least that this whole mod could be dropped into, lets say for arguments DLV. and it would replace the map, giving me extra regions, especialy Canterbury, the one I want. Alas no it dosent work for me that easy, nor will it work if I create a folder called AD, drop the entire contents of the vanilla data folder into it, then paste AD data folder into it, copy config, rename AD add line [features] mod = AD create a batch file Launch_AD.bat delete map.rmw. the game starts ok but try to start a campaign and it hangs.
    The log you sent says that the files in the "AD/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/" folder are all missing, you say you did copy them. What can I do to help?

ok m8 i will wait for the map to start at campaign, if it takes a few minutes I check its progress using alt ctrl delete to get to task manager, usualy it says med2 not responding. thats when i usually abort it

ok m8 i will wait for the map to start at campaign, if it takes a few minutes I check its progress using alt ctrl delete to get to task manager, usualy it says med2 not responding. thats when i usually abort it
    The first time you start a campaign you have to wait some minutes because the game is creating the new map.rwm file.

Time needed is related to how powerful your puter is (and disk fragmentation, etc, etc). Usually when it doesn't CTD and just freeze for a bit isn't a BAD sign at all!

whys is some maps for custum battle not working ? when it starts all the army is in the middle of the water...............and all diead beofre the battle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast