Thread: Military unit training from different buildings

Default Military unit training from different buildings

So, I'm not BRAND new to modding, but I've only ever messed with turns per year, some unit stats(actual stats, names, descriptions, tech required, building required, etc)

That's it.

My question is: How would I remove the units from the buildings they are currently allowed from, so that they can only be recruited from the new building?

And is it possible to add the military recruitment building chain(Provincial Capital) from the Himyar(Desert factions) to the Ebdani(Celtic)?

Default Re: Military unit training from different buildings

I have managed to teach myself the basics with DAVE and I have made ALL the changes I want to make. I just need to know how to extract from DAVE into a .pack. I have tried the "export" drop down at the top of DAVE, but this gives me binary files.

Literally just RE-READ the http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mbly-Kit-Guide, which everyone is telling me I should use! But when I click BOB to "open it up", as it's been doing since I started this thread, all I get is endless "Collecting actions and affected files".

You don't need BOB for this. In DAVE's export drop-down menu, click "export single tables" then find your table in the list of "locally edited tables," double-click, then export it. You'll get a file in your working_data folder.

Now open PFM. Find the table you want there, add it to the pack and save (this way you'll have all the folder options correct). Close PFM then open your new pack again. Right-click on the table you've just added, click add->file, then find the table you exported with DAVE. It should replace the existing table in that location. Best then to rename your table.

Then save it and test your mod.

Apologies. I likely figured out how to do what I was trying to do on my own and just never thought to check the forum for replies.

Thank you for replying