Thread: Constant Campaign Map Crashes

Default Constant Campaign Map Crashes

Hi folks,

I apologize if this sounds like an old issue that's been addressed before, but I'm not sure if the "How to fix thread" is applicable here.

I'm running the dvd retail version of M2TW Kingdoms 1.05 In Windows 10. However, I'm using a no-dvd fixed version of the game so that I don't have to load up my dvd player all the time.

I'm also running 2 installs of TATW 3.2: one with MOS 1.7, and the other with PCP.

My installs are located as follows:
    MOS: C:/Games/SEGA/Medieval II Total War/mods/Third_Age_3_MOS
    PCP: C:/Games/SEGA/Medieval II Total War/mods/Third_Age_3

My game constantly crashes while I'm on the campaign map. This doesn't happen immediately. I manage to build a few buildings and recruit few units in my cities, and get 1-2 turns in before the game crashes. Sometimes it crashes with the fatal graphics error, and other times it just simply CTD.

I've tried running the game in administrator mod, however I get the "can't locate kingdoms.exe" error.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Default Re: Constant Campaign Map Crashes

You probably have these issues with PCP mostly, since I have the same issues with PCP as you do. Unfortunately, there is no fix for it. I stopped playing due to these issues.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    You probably have these issues with PCP mostly, since I have the same issues with PCP as you do. Unfortunately, there is no fix for it. I stopped playing due to these issues.
    You're right. I have these issues primarily with PCP. Ah well, at least I know it isn't a problem on my end. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jsadighi View Post
    You're right. I have these issues primarily with PCP. Ah well, at least I know it isn't a problem on my end. Thanks!
    Well, the creator of PCP sub mod, alreadyded, released what should be a potential fix for some of these crashes:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15354892

It should be save game compatible, meaning, you install that fix, and can continue your current campaign with those new test files.

Also, I would suggest you read this thread, which highlights some issues with modern age technology which an old Medieval II game engine has, like: can`t use more than 2 GB of RAM.

That thread gives some info on what you could do, but I can`t tell you exactly what, since it is against the rules of these forums.

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.