Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [Gaming Staff] An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields (ENDED - GOOD SIDE VICTORY)

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Default Re: [Gaming Staff] An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields

I did the best I could with people's preferences. If someone is willing to switch out of the good team, no problem. New players generally do better with Evil factions, and they have a very experienced adviser in Chieftain (if they choose to use him).

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post

(Me when I find out I'm Mordor and start to think what I'll do the people of Middle Earth)

Also I like how I am the only one in my team with some actual experience going against 3 good players

Saruman approves this message. (and I am sure everything will be alright for the alliance of evil hahahah)

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

E.T.A on when this will start

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

We should be starting soon. I made an important rule change. Battles against the AI can now be played out. This will make it much easier to capture rebel settlements. All battles against other players must still be auto-resolved.

I also switch Chieftain and I in the advisor rules, so I'm now the advisor for the Evil team. This was to make it more interesting for us, more than anything, so we aren't constantly giving advice to one side in multiple games.

Gondor up:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by joerock22; July 09, 2017 at 10:44 AM.

Well...Time to start this off with a bang. The old capital has been RECLAIMED FOR GONDOR! FOR GONDOR! Never again shall the land of my people be taken into enemy hands!

E.Osgilliath taken via spy opening gates (32% chance)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gimli; July 09, 2017 at 05:54 PM.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli View Post
    Well...Time to start this off with a bang. The old capital has been RECLAIMED FOR GONDOR! FOR GONDOR! Never again shall the land of my people be taken into enemy hands!

E.Osgilliath taken via spy opening gates (32% chance)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I didn't get the chance to play my turn what's this?Is it common in Third Age hs to just attack on the first turn the players who haven't played?
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; July 09, 2017 at 03:58 PM.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

should be able to play your turn first, but it is my team gaining from this so i dont know what to say

I have to agree this doesnt seem fair as the player didnt have a chance to defend himself..

It doesn't matter. I still would've done the same thing next turn, but now it's to late to go back since he already will know the move.

But you wouldnt have been able of entering it in the same turn if he had put more orcs in it, you would have to siege it, and he could have keepet a force nearby to help in case of a siege. My point is, even if you won it in the following turns, it would have been a bit more dificult than just conquering a settlement of someone that didnt even had the chance to think about defending it, since they havent played their turn yet! And there are lots of ways that you wouldnt achieve victory, if only he had the chance to do something about it..

It doesn't matter. I still would've done the same thing next turn, but now it's to late to go back since he already will know the move.
    It does matter because I could have retreated/reinforce the region somehow.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It's not a difficult concept to understand so I'm pretty sure he could have prepared for it without you doing it. Plus it's pretty common every hotseat to not be able to attack someone if they haven't played their first turn
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

You're argument's are all invalid. Minas Morgul is two turns from East Osglliath. I am before him in the turn order so i still would've been able to open up the gates and attacked. Mordor's spy is 3 turns from E.Osglliath, so he couldn't have blocked / reopened the gates.

If he retreated, i still would've taken it. He had no way of reinforcing the settlement before i take via Spy. There is only one way he would've been able to have a chance to protect it from me taking it two turns, and it's ballsy but it still wouldn't have worked because i can reinforce with a halfstack.
    Last edited by Gimli; July 09, 2017 at 05:32 PM.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

You're argument's are all invalid. Minas Morgul is two turns from East Osglliath. I am before him in the turn order so i still would've been able to open up the gates and attacked. Mordor's spy is 3 turns from E.Osglliath, so he couldn't have blocked / reopened the gates.

If he retreated, i still would've taken it. He had no way of reinforcing the settlement before i take via Spy. There is only one way he would've been able to have a chance to protect it from me taking it two turns, and it's ballsy but it still wouldn't have worked because i can reinforce with a halfstack.

Theres no telling your spy would allow you to open the gates the second turn therefore your argument is invalid
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

If he opened the gates the 1st turn, got multiple traits, increased ability, and then i went ahead, he still opened the gates second turn.

If he opened the gates the 1st turn, got multiple traits, increased ability, and then i went ahead, he still opened the gates second turn.
    Again we don'tknow that for sure.Depending on the traits he could optain the chance would be increased by what 20%? There is still a 50% that the settlement will not open the gates as every time you end the turn the whole process repeats.So your argument is still invalid.

Default Re: [Gaming Staff] An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields - NEW HOTSEAT, JOIN NOW!

There is no one turn peace in the rules, so it's legal.

Default Re: [Gaming Staff] An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields - NEW HOTSEAT, JOIN NOW!

There is no one turn peace in the rules, so it's legal.
    You're right there but I still don't think it's fair.Admit it you would say the same thing if you were in my place.I understand why the rule was not added as the admins were not anticipating this but can we just clarify this for future hs?

And in the rules it is said that we can change it if the majority of players think it is appropriate..

And no i wouldn't I've had that happened to me numerous times when TATW HS'ing use to be incredibly active, in-fact Joerock did it to me before i quit TATW. Yes it's not exactly fair but in reality there is not much you could've done regardless. It's a cheap move, and only works half the time.