Thread: Great mod

Default Great mod

Got back last year to RTW from RTW2 and after trying almost all of the mods that are still alive, I found this one to be the best - from my point of view. Played with the Ptolemies, Epirus and now I'm trying Pontus, which is a lot of fun and pretty hard, too, until you start getting heavy infantry from your cities. Also, the other factions are behaving quite "historically" until now - only Epirus is gone by turn 60, the Seleucids and the Lagids are still fighting and Rome is at war with Carthage, but it's not winning.

One question, though: is this the last version of the mod or you''re still going to improve it? It's very good and quite stable, but there are some minor inconveniences - for example, there are 2 types of Aspidophoroi for Epirus, with identical stats, but different look, and 2 types of Pontic Peltast - they have identical stats and looks, but they can not mingle, so I assume they're in fact different units.

Default Re: Great mod

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Ubu View Post
    Got back last year to RTW from RTW2 and after trying almost all of the mods that are still alive, I found this one to be the best - from my point of view. Played with the Ptolemies, Epirus and now I'm trying Pontus, which is a lot of fun and pretty hard, too, until you start getting heavy infantry from your cities. Also, the other factions are behaving quite "historically" until now - only Epirus is gone by turn 60, the Seleucids and the Lagids are still fighting and Rome is at war with Carthage, but it's not winning.

One question, though: is this the last version of the mod or you''re still going to improve it? It's very good and quite stable, but there are some minor inconveniences - for example, there are 2 types of Aspidophoroi for Epirus, with identical stats, but different look, and 2 types of Pontic Peltast - they have identical stats and looks, but they can not mingle, so I assume they're in fact different units.
    Greetings, Pere Ubu!
    I'm very glad you're liking the mod!
    Regarding your question, so far nothing is certain. The mod's creator and leader, Quinn Inuit, is currently busy with his real life stuff. He may return to it, and I hope he does so indeed. But, we shall see.
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Ubu View Post
    ... there are 2 types of Aspidophoroi for Epirus, with identical stats, but different look, and 2 types of Pontic Peltast - they have identical stats and looks, but they can not mingle, so I assume they're in fact different units.
    If one of them is at horrible recruiting costs, while the other is not: This was made in order to prevent the AI from spamming cheap units (and avoid some game crashes, too) AFAIK.
    If not... I don't know. Haven't played the last BETA, though...
    Quinn, my hero of the day!

no, they have the same cost. Probably one type of Pontic Peltast is mercenary, sincer I remember recruiting them as mercs, to spare manpower, but I can't distinguish between the two types. As for the Epirote Aspidophoroi, one type of unit was recruitable in Tarentum and Pella and the other in Mediolanum (after colonizing it).