Thread: Roma Surrectum 2 was installed incorrectly (Windows 10/ Steam)

Default Roma Surrectum 2 was installed incorrectly (Windows 10/ Steam)

[ErrorReports]
    Error1/3=You don't have Roma Surrectum II installed in the correct folder. (C:\Roma Surrectum 2)
    Error2/3=Engine: RomeTW-ALX.exe, Faction campaign: -mod:play_rome
    Error3/3=In total: 'RomeTW-ALX.exe -mod:play_rome -show_err -nm -movie_cam'

That's the notepad error message copy. I copied my RTW gold up to date version from steam into a new folder, which I labeled after the mod. It seemed to copy correctly and I installed Surrectum into that new folder, seemingly without incident. I think I did the basic required steps but I am not too computer savy with modding (usually can get them to install right 50% of the time. Maybe I missed something? Any replies are appreciated.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 2 was installed incorrectly (Windows 10/ Steam)

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan22 View Post
    [ErrorReports]
    Error1/3=You don't have Roma Surrectum II installed in the correct folder. (C:\Roma Surrectum 2)
    Error3/3=In total: 'RomeTW-ALX.exe -mod:play_rome -show_err -nm -movie_cam'

That's the notepad error message copy. I copied my RTW gold up to date version from steam into a new folder, which I labeled after the mod. It seemed to copy correctly and I installed Surrectum into that new folder, seemingly without incident. I think I did the basic required steps but I am not too computer savy with modding (usually can get them to install right 50% of the time. Maybe I missed something? Any replies are appreciated.
    Sorry, this might seem a silly question, you say you have installed Rome Gold, but have you added the Alexander expansion? you realize RS cannot play on steam without it?
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

oh...Well now I feel dumb. I saw that but I assumed it was optional. I'll give that a try. My apologies.

[ErrorReports]
    Error3/3=In total: 'RomeTW-ALX.exe -mod:play_rome -show_.err -nm -movie_cam'

I downloaded Alexander and tried again and got this message, does the new folder have to be named this? I have RTW Gold, Alexander and Roma Surrectum all in a new non program files folder.