Thread: Help avoiding a headache!

Default Help avoiding a headache!

Hello there,

I'm new to Medieval 2 and to Stainless Steel but I've found that I've immediately run into a issue whereby the vanilla version is just so much easier to read in parts due to the cleaner background in some of the text boxes. With Stainless Steel the slighly darker yellow background is clashing badly with the khaki text and I just can't get on with it! I'm attaching some images to show what I mean (apologies if there are, for some reason, upside down!).

Is there anything I can do to enjoy the mod but revert to the cleaner vanilla background?

Many thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4157.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	686.2 KB 
ID:	346486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4159.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	584.1 KB 
ID:	346487

Default Re: Help avoiding a headache!

Is there any chance someone could help me - or at least just tell me if it's impossible to change the background of those pop ups? I'm guessing that it might be a case of just replacing one file in the SS6.4 folders with one from the vanilla folders - could that be it? Seriously, ANY advice would be most appreciated!

I believe you possibly just need to edit or replace one of the texture files from the ui.

Perhaps if you ask here, you could get help;

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...and-Animations

That sounds like a good idea - thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Veronica's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Vlowman View Post
    Hello there,

I'm new to Medieval 2 and to Stainless Steel but I've found that I've immediately run into a issue whereby the vanilla version is just so much easier to read in parts due to the cleaner background in some of the text boxes. With Stainless Steel the slighly darker yellow background is clashing badly with the khaki text and I just can't get on with it! I'm attaching some images to show what I mean (apologies if there are, for some reason, upside down!).

Is there anything I can do to enjoy the mod but revert to the cleaner vanilla background?

Many thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4157.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	686.2 KB 
ID:	346486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4159.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	584.1 KB 
ID:	346487
    I did'nt mod anything yet, but in my "typographical" opinion it would be better to darken the font itself to something around #050505.